These healthier vegan funfetti sugar cookies are not only super cute, but they’re so easy to make too! They’re vegan, refined sugar free, and paleo friendly so almost everyone can enjoy them. You’ll only need a few ingredients and a few minutes to make them! These are so soft on the inside, slightly chewy, and even taste good out of the fridge. Add a little fun to any get together or party by bringing these along or just make them for yourself because LOL at sharing 😉Jump to Recipe
If birthday cake or funfetti is a flavor option for anything, there’s a solid 99.9% chance I am choosing it. I am OBSESSED. These cookies have the most perfect sugar cookie/birthday cake flavor thanks to a tiny little bit of almond extract. Don’t ask me how it works, but it does!
What you’ll need to make vegan funfetti Sugar Cookies:
Almond flour: Unfortunately, there aren’t any subs for the almond flour. It gives the cookie the most perfect, light, chewy texture!
Maple syrup: Any sticky sweetener would work!
Baking powder: This helps the cookies bake and become the perfect texture.
Almond extract: This gives the cookies the perfect birthday cake flavor. There are no subs, sadly. You can definitely leave it out, but they won’t taste the same.
Sprinkles: The most fun part of the recipe! I try and opt for sprinkles without artificial dyes, flavors, and sugars!
Let’s make some cookies:
1. First we will mix together the dough ingredients.
2. Then we’ll drop the dough by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, flattening them with the palm of our hand.
3. Then, we bake!
4. When the cookies have cooled, you’ll mix together the powdered sugar and plant milk until a glaze consistency forms. Then you’ll frost the cookies and add sprinkles!
5. Place them in the fridge and when you’re ready to eat, let it sit out a minute or so and enjoy.
Other cookies recipes you’ll love:
Vegan Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup monk fruit powdered sugar *See note for subs
- 2-4 tsp plant milk as needed
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together the dough ingredients until smooth.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto a lined cookie sheet. Using your palm, flatten them slightly. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and a tsp of milk at a time, until you reach a thick glaze consistency.
- Add a little of the glaze to the top of each cookie. Then add some sprinkles.
- Place in the fridge for a few minutes to allow the glaze to firm up.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge!
- You can use regular powdered sugar if you’re not sugar-free!