These no-bake pecan pie bites are one of the easiest treats to make for the week – perfect when your sweet tooth hits! They’re made with whole-food ingredients, are vegan and gluten-free, and SO yummy!
You know what’s funny? I never had pecan pie until I was like, 24. Thomas’s sister made it for a holiday get-together and I was OBSESSED. I’ve always been a pecan pie fan and couldn’t believe I went 24 years without it. So we are over her making up for lost time, with these bad boys! I’m not sure I could do pecan pie justice, so we will pretend these are the next best thing 😉
What’s in the no-bake pecan pie bites?
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make these!
Dates: These act as the binder and some sweetness for the recipe! I love how dates give almost a caramel-like flavor!
Chocolate: This is what we’ll coat the pecan bites in! I used Hu Kitchen chocolate to keep these refined sugar-free. You can use my code “danishealthyeats” at checkout for a 15% off – couldn’t recommend them more!
Coconut sugar: You can omit this, or sub monk fruit or stevia. It offers a little extra flavor and sweetness to the recipe, to resemble more of a pecan pie flavor.
Vanilla + Sea salt: These are optional as well, but I love the depth It gives the recipe! And sea salt and chocolate is the best!
How to make the no-bake pecan pie bites:
- Add everything besides the chocolate to a food processor.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop by spoonfuls onto a lined cookie sheet. Form into a small disc.
- Melt chocolate and dip each bite into the chocolate.
- Return to the freezer to set up!
How do I store the no-bake pecan pie bites?
Just add them to an air-tight container and pop in the freezer!
No-Bake Pecan Pie Bites
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup pitted dates soaked
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or monk fruit
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon optional
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Add everything to a food processor, besides the chocolate, until a sticky dough forms. This may take a few minutes, be sure to scrape down the sides every now and then.
- Roll the sticky mixture into balls and place on a lined cookie sheet. Flatten them down slightly with your palm. Place them in the freezer to firm up a little, about 15 mins.
- Melt the chocolate until smooth. Dip each cookie bite into the mixture and return to the cookie sheet. Place a pecan on top. Place back in the freezer until hardened!