If I had to choose my favorite wellness tip, it would be to get your hydration in check! Whether it is to better your skin or even your sleep, to cleanse your body, stay energized, or to make you feel better overall, the benefits of proper hydration are endless! This hydrating OJ smoothie is my go-to!
Some Hydration Tips:
We obviously all know my first tip: drink WATER! But there are also other ways to help keep your body hydrated as well. Starting with my personal favorite:
•Drink Orange Juice alongside your water! Because hey, we can all use some extra nutrients to brighten up our days!
•Eat lots of hydrating foods with high water content such as watermelon, cucumber, greens, tomato, and peaches.
•Avoid caffeine & alcohol in excess as these can cause dehydration
•Adjust your fitness routine: exercise during the cooler times of the day and be sure to drink lots of water and include electrolytes! These are my favorite!
What’s in this hydrating OJ smoothie:
- Orange Juice: Make sure to choose a quality orange juice that is 100% OJ.
- coconut milk: This makes it SO creamy. Think orange Julius 😉 But you can sub any plant milk.
- frozen banana
- frozen mango
- frozen riced cauliflower: You can’t taste it, I PROMISE! I used to be so weirded out by people who added it to their smoothies, but it actually makes it thick and creamy and adds extra nutrients!
- vanilla protein powder: This also adds some creaminess to the recipe while offering a dose of protein to help balance blood sugar!
- chia seeds: A great source of fiber, healthy fats, and protein! You can leave them out, but I always recommend adding chia to your diet!
- hemp seeds: The best source of plant-based protein and healthy fats, especially if you don’t use protein powder! They’re full of nutrients, have a pretty neutral taste, and are so easy to add to your meals!
Do you have a blender you recommend?
I recently finally purchased a Vitamix and I could NOT be happier with it. I’ve owned a lot of blenders in my lifetime, both inexpensive and more expensive, and the vitamix 100% beats them all out.
Hydrating OJ Smoothie
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut milk (I like canned)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/4 cup frozen cauliflower riced
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Blend everything together, taste, & adjust! Enjoy!