If you need a fun summer treat for a get-together, or just want to treat yourself, this strawberry shortcake tart is it! It is no-bake, really easy to make, and so summery, I am obsessed! It’s also gluten and refined sugar free!
I am obsessed with strawberry shortcake. It’s one of my favorite desserts ever. This is such a fun no-bake version of the classic dessert. It’s so pretty and also really easy to make but is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser! If you make it, be sure to tag me @danishealthyeats on instagram so I can see!
What you need to make the strawberry shortcake tart:
Strawberries: The star of the show!
Shredded Coconut: These make up the base of the recipe. If you can’t have coconut, you can try subbing oats or more nuts.
Raw Cashews: These make up the base of the filling recipe! It gives it that creamy, smooth cheesecake-like texture!
Maple syrup: This is the sweetener of the recipe. You an sub any sticky sweetener.
Walnuts: These will be combined with the other base ingredients. They give the recipe a nice crunch and healthy dose of omega-3’s – brain food! However, you can sub almonds or another nut if you don’t have any on hand.
Cashew Butter: You can sub any nut or seed butter if you don’t have cashew butter.
Vegan Cream Cheese: You can sub more cashews if you don’t have vegan cream cheese. When looking for one, I recommend finding one without any additives/preservatives.
Canned coconut milk: This gives the filling a super creamy texture! You’ll use the solid part from the top of the can. If you can’t have coconut, you can sub another plant milk or heavy creamer, however the texture may not be as creamy, so you may want to start with adding a little less and work from there.
How to make the strawberry shortcake tart:
- Process all of the base ingredients together. Press into a cake pan.
- Blend the filling ingredients until smooth. Fold in the strawberries.
- Spread over the base and place in the freezer to set up, at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer. Top with coconut whipped cream and toasted coconut.
- Slice and enjoy!
How to store the tart:
For best results, store the tart in an air-tight container in the freezer. Let thaw for 15 minutes before enjoying for best texture!
No-Bake Strawberry Shortcake Tart
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese *
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut cream (the solid part from the top of the can, and then any remaining liquid to make 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pulse all of the base ingredients in a food processor until a sticky dough forms. Start with 2 tbsp of the cashew butter and add another if needed to help hold the mixture together.
- Press into the bottom of a pie pan (you can also make these into bars!) Set aside.
- Blend all of the filling ingredients, besides the strawberries, until completely smooth. Taste & adjust as needed.
- Then add in the strawberries, pulsing until combined. Spread the filling over the base.
- Place in the freezer until set! Cut into slices and enjoy!
- Top with coconut whip and toasted coconut.