Can the mini baked potato bites be made vegan and gluten-free?
Yes! That’s why I love this recipe. It can be made to fit anyone’s needs. I would just use vegan sour cream and cheese shreds!
What you need to make baked potato bites:
Baby Potatoes: You can use gold, red, or whatever you like best!
Sour cream: You can make it yourself or use your favorite store-bought brand. Kite Hill makes a great vegan version!
Herbs & Seasonings: I didn’t give specific herbs in the ingredient list because I really feel like this recipe should be made to your liking! But garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast are all staples for me! I also love adding some dried oregano.
Toppings: I like to add what I what use on a regular loaded baked potato. Chopped chives and shredded cheese are great. I also like adding a sprinkle of everything but the bagel seasoning!
When to make mini baked potato bites?
I think they make such a fun appetizer or snack! They could also be served as a side at dinner parties or get-togethers. Or, to be honest, anytime you just want a cozy savory snack! My boyfriend will find any excuse to ask me to make these LOL.
Mini Baked Potato Bites
- 1 lb bag small potatoes of choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp herbs/seasonings of choice
- sour cream (we used cashew cream for vegan)
- chopped chives
- your favorite shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and toss in the seasonings of your choice. I did nutritional yeast, garlic and onion powder, sea salt & pepper, and dried oregano.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until fork tender. Let cool.
- Make a small slit in the top of each one and add sour cream. Then sprinkle over the chives and cheese. Enjoy immediately!