This plant-based Nicoise inspired salad is vegan, gluten-free, and makes a great quick and healthy meal! It’s loaded up with colorful veggies, chickpeas, avocado, and topped with the most delicious tahini dressing. The potatoes and tofu are tossed in the air fryer together, to make this even easier! It’s a loose take on the classic, but just as delish (i’m not a green bean fan, anyway ;))
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
My salad formula
Healthy Fats: Avocado, hemp hearts, olives, tahini, nuts & seeds, olive oil – these are all my go-to’s!
Fiber/Color: I always try and add a ton of color to my salads to get all the different antioxidant benefits. Fiber is also crucial because it will help stabilize blood sugar levels and keep you more satiated (and hello great digestion!). Chickpeas, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, beets, cucumber, tomato, dark leafy greens, carrots – all great options!
Protein: I love using air-fried tofu in this salad but hemp hearts would be a great soy-free option, tempeh is lovely, boiled eggs would be great, or grilled salmon!
Extras: Pickled red onion, jalapeños, micro greens
Tips for making a great Nicoise salad
Make it your own! I know serving a Nicoise salad with tahini dressing isn’t traditional, but it’s what I had on hand so I went with it! Feel free to add whatever veggies YOU love!
Make it easy on yourself! I like to air fry my tofu and potatoes together to make things quick! I just cut them up, add them to a bowl, toss in a little avocado oil spray and seasonings, and pop them in the air fryer to cook. You can also add the chickpeas in if you want to roast those up.
Don’t forget the seasonings & herbs! Don’t forget seasonings. Add them to the salad, the dressing, and be sure to season your protein and potatoes well. This makes the biggest difference – who want’s a boring salad! I also love adding capers and olilves.
how to make a vegan Nicoise salad
- Toss the tofu and potatoes in some olive oil and seasonings. Add to your air fryer and cook until crispy.
- While the tofu and potatoes are cooking, blend together the dressing ingredients until smooth. tatse & adjust as you’d like.
- Load up your plate with your favorite greens.
- Then add on the tofu and potatoes, chickpeas, and veggies of choice.
- Add any fun toppings like pickled onion, olives, capers, croutons, etc!
Other recipes you’ll love
Crispy garlic smashed potatoes with pesto aioli
Vegan Nicoise Salad
- 1 block extra firm high protein tofu
- 6-7 small baby red potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- cucumber, diced
- grape tomatoes, halved
- pickled red onions
- 1 avocado sliced
- handful of oilves of choice *optional
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini *or more olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mutard
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Cube the tofu and cut your baby potatoes into halves. Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil and seasonings of choice. Either roast in the oven at 450F or place in the air fryer at 400F until crispy.
- Blend the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Assemble your salad with all of your favorite mix-ins. Then add the tofu and potatoes. Top with any extras you'd like and dressing. Enjoy!
this dressing is SO good we’ve been making it almost week to use on salads!
Ahh, yay!! We do the same thing, it’s so versatile!