This tofu scramble breakfast bowl is easy, wholesome, and delicious! It makes a great plant-based breakfast option, as it is full of healthy fats, fiber, and protein, while also being gluten-free.
I think one of the most important ways to keep your blood sugar balanced and stable throughout the day is making sure your meals have a source of protein, healthy fats, and fiber, while packing in lots of color! This tofu scramble breakfast bowl is great because it is so easy, you can make it on one sheet pan and can be meal-prepped, too!
How to make this tofu scramble breakfast bowl
- Cut your potatoes, toss in olive oil and seasoning, and bake for 10 mins.
- Crumble the tofu using your hands and toss it in the seasoning. Chop your veggies.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the scrambled tofu, next to the potatoes, and then the chopped veggies next to the tofu.
- Bake again until done to your liking (tossing half way through).
- Assemble your bowl with greens, fresh avocado, hot sauce or pico de gallo, and a sprinkle of optional hemp seeds.
Ingredients and substitutions
Tofu: I like to use the high-protein extra firm tofu (I get the trader joes brand, but I know Walmart also sells it). This tofu is so firm you don’t have to worry about pressing the water out of it. However, any firm or extra firm tofu will work. You just want to make sure you press the water out.
Veggies: You can make this tofu scramble bowl with any veggies you love or have on hand. These make a great clean out the fridge meal, because they’re so versatile. I love onions, greens, and peppers with breakfast food so I usually stick to those. However mushrooms, fresh tomato, and even riced cauliflower or steamed broccoli would all be great additions!
Potatoes: You can use red potato, sweet potato, etc. – whatever you like best.
Other tofu recipes you’ll love
Tofu Scramble Breakfast Bowl
- 1/2 block extra firm, high protein tofu *See Notes
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast Optional
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch sea salt & pepper
- drizzle olive oil or olive oil spray
- seasonings of choice
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1-2 large bell peppers, any color
For assembling the bowls
- handful fresh greens
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- hot sauce, pico de gallo
- sprinkle hemp seeds
Tahini Sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp coconut aminos
- pinch hot sauce or red pepper flakes (any variety, optional)
- pinch sea salt & pepper
- water, as needed to thin
- Whisk everything together until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Chop the potatoes. Drizzle or coat with olive oil or spray. Sprinkle over the seasonings.
- Add the potatoes to a lined cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 mins until the potatoes have began to soften up. Remove the tray from the oven.
Tofu & Veggies
- While the potatoes are cooking, crumble the tofu into a large bowl. Toss in the seasoning.
- chop the veggies.
- When you remove the potatoes, slide them over to one side of the pan. Then add the tofu and veggies. Return the pan to the oven to cook for another 20-30 minutes, tossing everything half way through, until the potatoes are done to your liking.
- Add a bunch of greens to your bowl. Then add some potato, tofu, veggies, any toppings you'd like, and a drizzle of the sauce if using. Enjoy!