This buffalo tofu ranch salad is one of my favorite go-to meals! You can prep the tahini ranch dressing for the week too, which makes it perfect! This recipe is gluten-free, and high in protein, healthy fats, and fiber. It is the perfect light, plant-based meal! It is pretty quick too as you only need about 15 minutes to prep and the tofu takes about 30 to cook!
I don’t know about you guys, but when it comes to week-night meals, I want quick, easy, healthy, and delicious. In my opinion, if you’re a fan of heat, buffalo sauce is such an easy way to elevate any protein! I love making tofu, because it’s a quick, plant-based protein, that is super nutrient dense and easy to cook! It can really take on any flavor. I made this buffalo tofu so often and throw it in wraps, on sandwiches, on nourish bowls, salads, anything really! You can’t go wrong.
What is in the buffalo tofu ranch salad?
The buffalo tofu is tossed in a little olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt & pepper, buffalo sauce, nutritional yeast, and tapioca flour. If you don’t have tapioca flour, you can sub cornstarch! This is what gives the tofu a crispy coating. If you don’t like nutritional yeast you can leave it out. However, it offers a little extra flavor and coating, which I personally love!
The tahini ranch is made with tahini, dried herbs and spices, lemon juice, unsweetened milk, nutritional yeast, and dijon. If you aren’t a fan of tahini, I would still highly recommend trying it! Because of all the spices and herbs, the tahini isn’t as overpowering as it can be in other recipes. However, if you REALLY aren’t a fan, you can use cashew butter instead! If you like a sweeter dressing, you can add a tsp of maple syrup, stevia, monk fruit, or honey and it adds a little extra something!
How to make Buffalo tofu and tahini ranch:
- Prep the tofu and bake it. You just toss it in the seasonings and flour.
- Blend all of the ranch ingredients together until smooth. That’s it!
- Add the tofu to your favorite salad mix, over rice, on a wrap, whatever you like. Then top with the dressing. Enjoy!
Buffalo Tofu Tahini Ranch Salad
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder + onion powder
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning optional
- 1/4 cup water or unsweetened milk to thin
- 1/2 tbsp dried dill
- 1 Block Extra firm Tofu
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tbps nutritional yeast
- sea salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. To make the ranch, combine all ingredients in a blender, blending until smooth. Store in a mason jar or air-tight container.
- After pressing and draining the tofu, cut into cubes.
- Add the cubes to a large bowl and drizzle over the olive oil (or spray using avocado/olive oil spray). Sprinkle over the nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss.
- Sprinkle half of the tapioca flour over the tofu and give it a good toss. Then add the remaining flour, tossing once more. Spread the tofu onto a lined baking sheet.
- Air fry or bake, tossing every 15 minutes or so, until golden and baked to your liking! Remove from the oven and add to to your favorite salad, bowl, etc. Top with the dressing and enjoy!