If you are a Girl Scouts Samoa cookie fan, you will LOVE these! These Samoa cookie protein bars have a cookie base, a caramel coconut filling, and are topped with chocolate. They’re gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and a great meal prep treat for the week!
What you need to make Samoa cookie protein bars:
Coconut flakes: The coconut flakes get mixed with the maple syrup to create the filling.
Maple Syrup: You can sub any sticky sweetener. To make these lower in sugar, you can use a monk fruit sweetened maple syrup!
Almond Butter: Any nut or seed butter will work, but the coconut almond combination is SO yummy.
Chocolate chips: I always use Hu Kitchen to keep my recipes refined sugar free. Use code “danishealthyeats” for a discount on any order.
Oat flour: You can use store-bought or homemade!
Coconut Flour: I haven’t tested any subs for this. This creates a slightly crunchy cookie base that is so good!
Protein Powder: This is optional. You can sub more oat flour, however I love adding protein to my treats to help balance blood sugar and keep me satiated! I highly recommend using a protein powder that you really like the flavor of. You can use code “amb-dani” for a discount on my favorite powder!
Coconut oil: Any oil will work.
How to make the bars:
- Combine the cookie base ingredients and press into a lined loaf pan.
- Bake and then let cool.
- Combine the filling ingredients and spread over the cooled base.
- Melt the chocolate chips and spread evenly over the filling.
- Place in the freezer to firm up for a few hours before cutting in bars and enjoying.
How do you store the Samoa cookie protein bars?
Store them in an air-tight container in the freezer and let them thaw a few minutes before enjoying!
Samoa Protein Bars
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup protein powder
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup almond butter *
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Combine all the base ingredients together until a sticky dough forms.
- Spread into the bottom of an 8×8 pan. Bake for 18-20 mins or until golden around the edges. Let cool.
- Mix together all the filling ingredients until completely smooth. Spread over the base.
- Melt the chocolate until smooth (add a little coconut oil to thin if needed) and spread it evenly over the top.
- Pop in the freezer to set! Cut into bars & enjoy!