These baby ruth protein bites have quickly become my newest obsession, I literally couldn’t wait to get them up! They are so simple to make – you just mix everything together, chuck it in the freezer, and you’re good to go! They are vegan, gluten-free, high protein, and made with whole food ingredients!
They taste so similar to a baby ruth, with the maple syrup giving them a caramely flavor, but are packed with a little extra protein oomf – which I love adding to my no bake recipes because it keeps me satiated, aids in muscle recovery, and if you use a great tasting powder, can even add to the flavor of the recipe! Be sure to tag me @danishealthyeats on Instagram if you try them!
what’s in the baby ruth protein bites:
Protein Powder: If you’re not a protein fan, you can sub in coconut flour! Start with 2 tbsp. The mixture should be moldable! But I highly recommend adding a little dose of protein to help balance blood sugar and keep you fuller for longer! You can use code “amb-dani” for a discount on my fave!
Maple Syrup: You can sub any sticky sweetener for the maple syrup, but I love the caramel flavor it gives to the bites!
Peanut Butter: If you aren’t a fan or can’t consume peanuts, feel free to sub in any nut/seed butters! It’ll alter the taste a bit, but will still be amazing! Same goes for the peanuts – sub any nut.
Chocolate: As always, I used Hu Kitchen. It’s refined sugar-free and tastes absolutely amazing. You can use code danishealthyeats for a discount at checkout!
How to make the bites:
- Mix everything together.
- Stir in the nuts. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Freeze for a bit to firm up.
- Melt the chocolate and dip each bite, returning to the freezer to set up.
How to store the bites:
Store the bites in an air-tight container in the freezer. Let them thaw a few minutes before enjoying for a softer texture!
Baby Ruth Protein Bites
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla + pinch of sea salt
- 3-4 tbsp Protein Powder
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate
- Combine the peanut butter, maple, oil, vanilla and sea salt, until smooth. Then mix in the protein powder. Fold in the nuts.
- Scoop the mixture into your mold, or press into the bottom of a lined loaf pan.Place in the freezer to harden.
- Melt your chocolate. Either cut the mixture into bars – if you used a loaf pan – or pop them out of the mold.
- Dip each one in chocolate and return to the freezer to set! Enjoy!