YOU GUYS. I am so in love with these tortilla French toast roll-ups. I had this massive craving for french toast the other day, but didn’t have any bread.. so we got creative with what we had. It was like the mystery box challenge on Master Chef and we SUCCEEDED lol.
All you do is fill your tortillas with whatever you like, dip them in a french toast mixture, and cook! I opted for bananas and chocolate, because.. you can’t go wrong with that duo. But you can really fill these with anything you like – sometimes I like doing just peanut butter and jelly!
Can these be made gluten or grain free?
Yes! You can use any tortilla that fits your dietary needs. If you follow a paleo diet, just use paleo tortillas, etc. I love Siete, the olive oil whole wheat tortillas from Trader Joes, the Ezekiel sprouted tortillas, and the Whole Foods almond flour brand. Jus the sure to not over-stuff them or they’ll break!
What ingredients do you need?
- tortillas – I tested a paleo tortilla & a sprouted tortilla. Both worked great!
- banana – If you’re not a banana fan, feel free to stuff them with any of your favorite things!
- chocolate chips – As always, I used Hu kitchen! (“Danishealthyeats” at checkout for a discount)
- plant milk – This will be used to create the French toast mixture!
- ground flax seeds – These act as an egg substitute for the French toast mixture! You can sub real eggs.
- cinnamon Optional but YUM.
- maple syrup – The sweetener of the recipe!
How do you make the tortilla French toast roll-ups?
- Mix together the French toast mixture.
- Add the fillings to the tortilla and roll them up.
- Dip them in the French toast mixture.
- Cook on a pan until crisp. Enjoy!
Tortilla French Toast Roll-Ups
- 2 tortillas
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix together the milk, maple, cinnamon, and flax.Slice the banana and split it between the two tortillas, placing them in a single layer.
- Sprinkle over the chocolate chips.Fold in the sides of the tortillas, then roll them up. Dip each one in the mixture, making sure both sides get covered.
- Place in the air fryer and air fry on 375 until golden, then flip, cooking until golden on the other side as well. If using the stove top, add the tortillas to a greased pan, cooking until golden and flipping to do the other side.
- Drizzle with a little maple syrup, slice into bites or eat as is! Enjoy!