These almond joy oatmeal cups are a super easy meal prep idea, snack, or on the go breakfast! They are lightly sweet, come together super quickly, and are just little bites of JOY. Not an almond joy fan? Don’t worry – you can literally make this easy flavor you like, they’re so versatile!
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients for these too and let’s be real.. minimal ingredient recipes are truly the best. I stash these in the freezer if its just me or you can keep them in an air-tight container in the fridge. I love warming them up for a few seconds before having them so the chocolate get’s all melty!
What if I can’t have almonds or coconut?
If your’e not a coconut fan, leave it out! These oatmeal cups are so versatile, so you can truly add in any of your favorite things. I love adding walnuts for a little crunch or some cinnamon and maca for a spicier treat! I’ll go more into subs down below!
What you’ll need to make the almond joy oatmeal cups:
Almond Butter: You can sub any nut or seed butter!
Shredded coconut: If you don’t like or can’t have coconut, feel free to leave it out or sub in something else you like.
Chocolate chunks: This makes the recipe SO delish. I love heating them up so the chocolate gets melty. I always use Hu Kitchen chocolate gems! You can use “danishealthyeats” for a discount!
Ground Flax: You could try subbing eggs, but I haven’t tried it! I love flax because it’s a great source of healthy fats and fiber.
Plant Milk: Any milk will work.
Maple Syrup: Any sticky sweetener will work.
How to make the oatmeal cups:
- Mix everything together and divide it amongst the cupcake tin.
- Bake and let cool.
- Enjoy! That’s it!
How should you store the cups:
Store them in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer. If freezing, heat until warm before enjoying. You can enjoy these straight from the fridge, but I like warming them up as the texture is amazing!
Almond Joy Oat Cups
- 2 cups organi old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cupcake tin with liners.
- Combine the ground flax, plant milk, almond butter together until smooth. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 or so minutes, to thicken a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until dough forms.
- Divide the dough amongst the cupcake tin.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge. Warm before enjoying!