These fudgy vegan mint brownies are one of my favorite recipes of all time. They are so fudgy, easy to make, and they’re so pretty on the holiday dessert table (although I make them all-year long!) They are vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and made with better-for-you ingredients!
What if I don’t like peppermint?
If you’re not a peppermint fan, you can swap the peppermint extract for vanilla!
Can I store these fudgy vegan mint brownies in the freezer?
YES! They actually become even fudgier when you store them in the freezer. I’m not sure why, but I’m not complaining! I would just wait to add the coconut whip until you are ready to eat them, so it stays fresh! However, I have stored them with the whip on top, you’ll just need to let them thaw a bit before enjoying!
what is in these fudgy vegan mint brownies?
Cacao powder: I make sure to use a high quality cacao powder as it adds to the overall flavor of the brownies! Raw cacao powder is actually full of antioxidants!
Almond flour: I haven’t tested this with any subs, as the almond flour really contributes to the texture/moisture of these brownies.
Cashew or almond butter: This adds some healthy fats to the recipe, which helps keep them super moist. I wouldn’t sub peanut butter as it’ll change the flavor of the brownies. You could try swapping sunflower seed butter.
Coconut whipped topping: I like to buy a store-bought one (So Delicious is my favorite brand). However, if you want, you can make your own using canned coconut cream!
Vegan Peppermint Whipped Brownies
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp flax eggs mixed with 6 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or monk fruit
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- pinch sea salt
Coconut Whipped topping
- 1 container Coconut Whipped Cream
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Melted chocolate for drizzling
- Combine all of the wet ingredients together until completely smooth. Then stir in the dry.
- Spread the mixture in a 9×9 baking dish.Bake at 350F for 22-28 minutes, until set in the center. Don't over-bake.
- Let the brownies cool completely (I like to stick mine in the freezer until completely cooled – they get even fudgier!)
- Top with the coconut whip, drizzle with melted chocolate, and top with crushed candy canes. Enjoy!