This no-bake sugar cookie roll recipe is such a fun, easy treat to make! They are adorable, high in protein, and taste like a TREAT. I am absolutely obsessed with no-bake recipes and this one gets me every time! They’re gluten-free, vegan, and SO YUMMY.
Can you switch up the flavors of the no-bake sugar cookie rolls?
YES! That is the best part about no-bake recipes. They’re so versatile. You can swap out the vanilla protein for a different flavor, you could use a chocolate frosting, or even add in some extra spice like cinnamon or cardamom.
What if I don’t use protein powder?
You can definitely leave the protein powder out. I would sub it with oat flour, however you may want to add a tbsp or two of a granulated sweetener and a tsp of vanilla, as the protein powder adds some flavor and sweetness to the recipe.
What is in the no-bake sugar cookie roll?
Almond flour: this gives the recipe a light and cake-y texture. If you can’t have almond flour, I would grind sunflower seeds into a very fine flour and use that! I haven’t tried subbing oat flour, but because it is a little drier than almond flour, it would affect the texture of the roll. I know almond flour can be expensive, so I linked my favorite brand! It’s a 4lb bag for way cheaper than what you’d find in store!
Protein Powder: I love using a salted caramel or vanilla flavor. I have been obsessed with this salted caramel flavor!
Cashew or almond butter: You can use any nut/seed butter, but I find these give the most sugar-cookie flavor!
Frosting: I choose to use a refined sugar-free frosting, to keep the recipe lower in sugar, but feel free to use whatever you like. There are a few store-bought brands I really like; Simple Mills and Birch Benders. I also love doing a homemade maple cashew cream frosting if I can’t find a good store-bought one!
How do I store the no-bake sugar cookie roll?
I leave mine in the freezer and then when I want a slice, I let it thaw for a bit before enjoying and the texture is perfect! It allows the frosting to soften up so it’s not hard as a rock (we don’t need any broken teeth!)
No-Bake Sugar Cookie Roll
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cashew or almond butter
- 2-3 tbsp plant milk
- 1 cup frosting of choice
- Mix together all of the ingredients, besides the frosting and sprinkles, until a dough forms. If your dough is too moist, add a little more almond flour.
- Roll the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper, into a rectangle. I find it easiest to place another piece of paper over top of the dough and roll it out that way.
- Spread the frosting over the dough.Start with a long end, and use the parchment paper to help you gently and tightly roll the dough up into a log. Place in the freezer for 30 mins – 1 hr until it has hardened.
- Add a little extra frosting to the top/sides of the log and sprinkle with the sprinkles.Cut into slices and enjoy!