This tofu peanut satay will make anyone a tofu lover! It is the perfect plant-based lunch or dinner that will keep you coming back for more! These flavors are just DELISH.
We are huge tofu lovers in this house. I love that it can really do anything you could want It to. You can bake it in cubes, make nuggets out of it, shred it for “bbq sliders”, scramble it for breakfast – it really can do it all! But one of my all time favorite ways to prepare it, is in the form of these peanut satay skewers! You can serve them over rice, salad, or stir fry! If you don’t want to skewer them, you totally don’t have to, I just think they’re fun!
What ingredients do you need to make this tofu peanut satay?
Organic tofu: I always choose organic when I can, but any tofu will work. Just make sure it’s extra firm! Trader Joe’s makes a great high-protein tofu that is suer firm and perfect for this recipe!
Peanut Butter: This will be the base of the peanut sauce (the best part in my opinion!) You can also sub sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option or almond butter for paleo!
Tapioca Flour: We coat the tofu in this prior to cooking for extra crispiness! You can sub cornstarch or tapioca flour.
Liquid or Coconut Aminos: This replaces the soy sauce in the recipe, however you can always choose to use soy sauce if this is what you have on hand.
Sriracha & Chili flakes: These are going to add some spice to the recipe! I always love a little kick. You can obviously adjust the amounts to your preference!
How do you make tofu peanut satay?
- Make the peanut sauce by mixing everything together & set aside.
- Press the water from your tofu & cut into cubes.
- Toss the tofu in the seasonings & tapioca flour.
- Bake. Let cool. & Then dip in the peanut sauce!
Tofu Peanut Satay
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut or liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp monk fruit or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp sriracha optional
- water as needed to thin
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 block tofu pressed/drained
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- all your favorite salad fix-ins!
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and add them to a large bowl. Add the coconut aminos, chili, and olive oil and give it a good toss. Then, in another bowl, add the tapioca flour and garlic powder. Roll each piece in the dry mixture and place on a skewer, or lined cookie sheet, or airy fryer.
- Air fry or bake on 400F for 30-35 minutes, flipping half-way through, until crispy to your liking.
- While the tofu is cooking, combine all of the peanut sauce ingredients together in a bowl, whisking until smooth. Taste and adjust as desired.
- Assemble your salad with your grains, greens, and whatever else you'd like to add. Once the tofu is done, add to your bowl. Serve with the side of peanut sauce. Enjoy!