Uhm, my dream treat? THESE peanut butter s’mores bars. That is all. Graham cracker base, peanut butter ganache center, topped with peanuts and mallows. I MEAN could it get any better? They’re also gluten and refined sugar-free, super easy to make, and SO decadent.
If you want a crowd-pleasing summer or BBQ treat, look no further. These are always a hit when I bring them to get-togethers. But they definitely aren’t limited to just summer, as I’m a firm believer they should be made all year long lol.
Can you sub another nut if you can’t eat peanut butter?
YES! This recipe will work with any nut or seed butter. I love them with almond butter and they’re amazing with sunflower butter as well, for a nut-free option! Feel free to experiment.
What do you need to make these peanut butter s’mores bars?
- almond flour: I haven’t tested any subs as the mixture of flours in this recipe really creates the perfect base. You could try subbing cashew flour or sunflower seed flour – you just blend raw sunflower seeds in a blender until SUPER fine like flour (make sure it resembles almond flour texture).
- coconut flour
- tapioca flour: This adds some crispiness and light texture to the base. You can try subbing arrowroot flour, but I haven’t tried it!
- molasses & coconut sugar: These will be the sweeteners for the graham base. You can sub maple syrup for the molasses, but I find the molasses really gives to that graham feel.
- peanut butter: As mentioned above, feel free to sub any nut or seed butter you like.
- canned coconut milk: I opt for full-fat for the best consistency/results.
- chocolate chips: As always, I used Hu Kitchen as it keeps the recipe refined sugar-free! You can use the code “danishealthyeats” for a discount at checkout.
- marshmallows & peanuts
How to make the bars:
- Create the base by mixing everything together. Bake & let cool.
- Make the filling by mixing everything together until a ganache-like consistency.
- Pour over the base and sprinkle the chopped marshmallows and peanuts over top.
- Pop in the freezer to set for at least two hours before cutting into bars! Enjoy!
How to store the bars:
Be sure to store them in an air-tight container in the freezer. Let them thaw for 10 minutes or so before enjoying for best texture!
Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan butter or coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp molasses **
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp plant milk as needed
- 2 tsp cinnamon optional
- 2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup peanut butter1 cup chocolate chips1/2 cup canned coconut milk1-3 tbsp maple syrup – if/more as neededPinch of sea saltPeanuts & mallows for topping
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk shaken
- 1-3 tbsp maple syrup optional
- pinch of sea salt
- marshmallows & peanuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all of the dough ingredients, besides the milk, until well mixed. I really got in there with my hands to make sure everything was combined. Add 1 tbsp of milk at a time until the dough is able to form a nice moist ball. You don’t want it too moist, but not dry.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a lined 9×8 baking dish.Bake for 12-15 mins or until golden. Let cool.
- In a heat-safe bowl, combine the filling ingredients, besides peanuts and mallows. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring well between each one, until completely smooth. You can taste and adjust as needed – depending on the chocolate you use, you may want to add more maple.
- Pour over the graham base. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts and mallows over the top.
- Place in the freezer until set, at least 2-3 hrs.Cut into bars and enjoy!