Okay, my chia addiction has hit an all-time high. Like, i’ve always loved it.. but lately, I can’t go a day without it. These banana pecan chia parfaits don’t help, as it might be the most delicious flavor yet! Thank goodness these little jars are packed full of goodness!
Have you tried chia pudding? Comment your favorite flavor, I’m always up for trying new ones! I love making this for a quick grab and go breakfast, heathy snack, or whenever I want a little sweet treat. The possibilities are endless with the flavors you can make and they’re packed full of good-for-you ingredients!
What if I don’t like the texture of chia seeds?
Blend them! I wasn’t the biggest fan of them at first either, but I found that blending them made the biggest difference as the seeds aren’t as large and in charge! Just throw all the ingredients in a blender, blend, and pour into your bowl or jar!
What do you need to make the banana pecan chia parfaits?
Chia seeds: The star of the show! These are full of protein, heathy fats, and fiber so they will keep you full all morning long!
Milk: This will be the base of the recipe. You can use your favorite store-bought or homemade. I always try and choose brands without any added gums/preservatives.
Bananas + Pecans: They add sweetness and crunch to the recipe! You can always sub another nut that you like better.
Pecan Butter: If you can’t find pecan butter, any nut or seed butter will work.
Maple Syrup: This is the sweetener of the recipe. You can sub any sweetener you like.
How do you make banana pecan chia parfaits?
- Blend everything in a blender, taste, & adjust as you need to.
- Pour into your bowl or jar, layering the banana and pecans.
- Eat right away or store in the fridge for later!
Banana Pecan Chia Parfait
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups plant milk or canned coconut milk
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tbsp pecan butter (optional but YUM)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Blend the chia seeds, milk, half the banana, half of the pecan pieces, vanilla, maple (if using), & cinnamon in a blender until smooth. You can also blend in the pecan butter or save it to drizzle over top!
- Taste & adjust as needed.Divide amongst two jars & place in the fridge for 45min-an hour to thicken.
- Then layer with remaining 1/2 sliced banana & pecans.Top with a little vanilla coconut yogurt if you want a little extra somethin’ somethin’! Enjoy!