These grilled tofu California wraps are my go-to quick and easy lunch! They can be made gluten-free, you can use your favorite protein if tofu isn’t your jam, and they have a healthy source of fat, protein, and fiber!
Are these Grilled tofu California wraps healthy?
They definitely can be! I have a few tips..
- The wrap: I opt for a paleo tortilla or cassava flour tortilla. Whole Foods makes a great almond flour tortilla! However, feel free to use your favorite tortilla, I just always recommend finding one without additives and preservatives!
- Protein: Making sure these wraps have a healthy source of protein is crucial for satiation! I usually opt for grilled tofu or tempeh, but if you’re not vegan you can use salmon, chicken, etc.
- Healthy fats: I always add avocado and a sprinkle of hemp seeds, which both offer a healthy dose of fat. These will help keep your blood sugar balanced and keep you satiated for longer.
- Veg: I usually use some greens or romaine, sliced tomato, cucumber, and jalapeños, but you can really use whatever you have in your fridge!
- Dijon Hummus: The dijon hummus spread will give the recipe a little dose of extra fiber and also make them SO tasty. If you’re not a hummus fan, you can swap it for mayonnaise and make a dijon aioli!
What’s in the dijon hummus spread?
Garlic Hummus: I highly recommend using garlic hummus, however if you have plain hummus, add some garlic powder! If you’re not a hummus fan, you can swap an avocado oil mayonnaise!
Lemon Juice: This will add a little tang to the recipe.
Dijon: The star of the show! Dijon works the best, but you can use spicy mustard or stone ground if that’s what you have on hand.
How to make the wraps:
- Mix together the hummus ingredients and spread over your wrap.
- Add the avocado, either mashing it into the wrap or leaving it in slices.
- Then add the Veg and protein, careful to not over-stuff them.
- Roll the wraps & place fold side down on a hot pan with a little spray oil.
- Cook until crispy, then flip, doing the same. Alternatively, you can also pop them in the air fryer until crispy! Enjoy!
Grilled Tofu California Wraps
grilled tofu California wraps are my go-to quick and easy lunch! They can be made gluten-free, you can use your favorite protein if tofu isn't your jam, and they have a healthy source of fat, protein, and fiber!
- 2 tortillas
- 1 serving protein, of choice grilled or air fried
- 1/2 avocado
- crunchy greens or romaine
- tomato chopped
- cucumber sliced (optional)
- a handful of jarred mild jalapeños or sliced pickles
- sprinkle of hemp hearts (optional)
Dijon Hummus Spread
- 2 tbsp garlic hummus or mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon
- pinch of smoked paprika
- For the hummus spread, mix everything together. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Grab your tortillas and spread the hummus over them.
- Then add your sliced avocado and veggies. Then add the protein. Be careful to not over-stuff them.
- Place the wraps fold-side down on a heated pan, sprayed with spray oil (or place them in your air fryer) and cook until golden and crisp. Flip and repeat. Enjoy immediatey!
*Can sub mayonnaise if you don’t have hummus.