These grilled tofu California wraps are my go-to quick and easy lunch! They can be made gluten-free, you can use your favorite protein if tofu isn’t your jam, and they have a healthy source of fat, protein, and fiber!
Are these Grilled tofu California wraps healthy?
They definitely can be! I have a few tips..
- The wrap: I opt for a paleo tortilla or cassava flour tortilla. Whole Foods makes a great almond flour tortilla! However, feel free to use your favorite tortilla, I just always recommend finding one without additives and preservatives!
- Protein: Making sure these wraps have a healthy source of protein is crucial for satiation! I usually opt for grilled tofu or tempeh, but if you’re not vegan you can use salmon, chicken, etc.
- Healthy fats: I always add avocado and a sprinkle of hemp seeds, which both offer a healthy dose of fat. These will help keep your blood sugar balanced and keep you satiated for longer.
- Veg: I usually use some greens or romaine, sliced tomato, cucumber, and jalapeños, but you can really use whatever you have in your fridge!
- Dijon Hummus: The dijon hummus spread will give the recipe a little dose of extra fiber and also make them SO tasty. If you’re not a hummus fan, you can swap it for mayonnaise and make a dijon aioli!
What’s in the dijon hummus spread?
Garlic Hummus: I highly recommend using garlic hummus, however if you have plain hummus, add some garlic powder! If you’re not a hummus fan, you can swap an avocado oil mayonnaise!
Lemon Juice: This will add a little tang to the recipe.
Dijon: The star of the show! Dijon works the best, but you can use spicy mustard or stone ground if that’s what you have on hand.
How to make the wraps:
- Mix together the hummus ingredients and spread over your wrap.
- Add the avocado, either mashing it into the wrap or leaving it in slices.
- Then add the Veg and protein, careful to not over-stuff them.
- Roll the wraps & place fold side down on a hot pan with a little spray oil.
- Cook until crispy, then flip, doing the same. Alternatively, you can also pop them in the air fryer until crispy! Enjoy!
Grilled Tofu California Wraps
- 2 tortillas
- 1 serving protein, of choice grilled or air fried
- 1/2 avocado
- crunchy greens or romaine
- tomato chopped
- cucumber sliced (optional)
- a handful of jarred mild jalapeños or sliced pickles
- sprinkle of hemp hearts (optional)
Dijon Hummus Spread
- 2 tbsp garlic hummus or mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon
- pinch of smoked paprika
- For the hummus spread, mix everything together. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Grab your tortillas and spread the hummus over them.
- Then add your sliced avocado and veggies. Then add the protein. Be careful to not over-stuff them.
- Place the wraps fold-side down on a heated pan, sprayed with spray oil (or place them in your air fryer) and cook until golden and crisp. Flip and repeat. Enjoy immediatey!