These Vegan almond joy bars are the ultimate no-bake treat! I am a huge fan of the coconut/almond combination and used to go nuts for almond joys growing up. These might be the next best thing 😉 They are gluten-free, vegan, no-bake, and paleo so they fit a bunch of different dietary needs. The bars also come together in less than 10 minutes and all you need is one bowl, so it’s a win win!
Are these bars healthy?
These bars are refined sugar-free and made with whole-food ingredients. They offer some healthy fats from the nut butter and coconut and some protein from the protein powder in the base!
Can these amond joy bars be made nut-free?
If you can’t eat almonds or don’t like them, you can always sub in any other nut or seed butter! For the almond meal, you can sub in oat flour but you may need to add some extra oil to help get the texture of the dough right, as oat flour absorbs more moisture than almond flour! I would add a tsp at a time until a moist dough forms!
Ingredients & substitutions
Protein powder: Any flavor will work, but I like to stick to a vanilla plant-protein! You could sub in more almond flour if you don’t want to use protein powder. (You can use the code “amb-dani” for a discount on the protein I linked!)
Almond Butter: As mentioned above, you can use any nut or seed butter, but almond butter gives these that almond joy feel!
Coconut flakes: These make up most of the center layer.
Maple Syrup: This is the sweetener used in the bars. You can sub any sticky sweetener.
Chocolate: I like to use Hu Kitchen chocolate chips, as they’re sweetened with coconut sugar! You can use the code “danishealthyeats” for a discount!
How to make the vegan almond joy bars:
They are so easy! First, you’ll make the base layer by mixing everything together. Then you will press it into a lined loaf pan. To make the coconut filling, you’ll mix together the ingredients and then spread it over the base layer. Next, you’ll make the chocolate ganache by melting everything together until creamy and spread it over the coconut layer. Then you just pop them in the freezer to set up!
Other recipes you’ll love
Raw Almond Joy Bars
- 1/2 cup almond meal or flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup super fine shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp canned coconut milk (shake the can & then use)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (Solid part from canned-coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Combine all base ingredients until a sticky dough forms. Press into the bottom of a lined loaf pan.
- Make the coconut filling by mixing all ingredients until mixed thoroughly. Spread evenly over the base.
- For the chocolate ganache, combine all ingredients in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second increments, stirring well between each one, until completely thick and smooth. Pour evenly over the coconut layer.
- Place in the freezer to set! Cut into bars and enjoy!