These white chocolate macadamia cookie dough bars are scary good. They melt in your mouth and taste so much like real cookie dough. They’re vegan, high protein, and made with only a few ingredients – perfect for prepping for the week!
Be sure to tag me on instagram @danishealthyeats if you try these! I’d love to see! xo
What you need to make White Choc Macadamia Cookie Dough Bars:
Protein Powder: Make sure you’re using a protein powder that you really love as it’ll add to the flavor of the recipe. I highly recommend Macro Mike – all of their flavors are amazing! Use code “amb-dani” for a discount!
Macadamia Nuts: You can omit them or use whatever nut you like!
Maple syrup: You can sub any sticky sweetener.
White chocolate: I love Evolved Chocolate or Loving Earth for refined sugar-free white chocolate! Pascha is another great vegan white chocolate brand and Choc Zero is great if you’re not vegan but looking for a refined sugar-free option.
Coconut oil: You can sub cacao butter for an even more decadent cookie dough!
Coconut flour: I haven’t tested any subs for this!
How to make the bars:
- Combine all of the cookie dough ingredients until the dough forms.
- Stir in the macadamia nuts.
- Press into the bottom of a lined loaf pan.
- Melt the white chocolate until smooth.
- Stir in the matcha, if using. Pour over the cookie dough.
- Place in the freezer to set up, at least 2 hours before cutting into bars.
How to store the bars:
Store the bars in an air-tight container in the freezer. Let them thaw a few minutes before enjoying (or enjoy right out of the freezer!)
White Choc Macadamia Cookie Dough Bars
- 1 cup almond butter *
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts **
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup protein powder ***
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/3 cups white chocolate
- 1 tsp matcha Optional
- Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients besides the nuts, stirring until a cookie dough texture forms. The dough shouldn't be sticky and you should be able to handle it. If your dough is too wet, add 1 tbsp protein powder at a time until you reach that consistency.
- Stir in the macadamia nuts, then press into the bottom of the lined loaf pan.
- Melt the chocolate until completely smooth. If using the matcha, stir it in until you reach a bright green color – you may need to add more depending on the matcha you're using.
- Pour over the base and tilt the pan to cover it evenly. Place in the freezer to set up, at least 2 hours, before cutting into bars. Enjoy!