Lemon blueberry chia pudding with yogurt is ultra creamy and bursting with refreshing flavor! It’s made with coconut milk, contains 10g of satiating fiber, and is packed with antioxidants! This quick and easy chia seed pudding can be meal prepped for the perfect on the go breakfast!
Want more breakfast ideas? This vegan strawberry yogurt cheesecake parfait is one of my favorites! This cookie dough protein smoothie is a great quick option, and these pumpkin streusel muffins are a decadent breakfast treat!
So.. What are chia seeds?
Chia seeds come from the desert plant Salvia hispanica. They are an excellent source of dietary fiber at 10 grams per 2 tablespoons, pack in some protein, as well as minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc.
Is lemon blueberry chia pudding with yogurt healthy?
Chia seeds are packed full of nutritional benefits! They provide omega-3 fatty acids, in the form of alpha linolenic acid, or ALA and are an excellent source of fiber, which can improve heart health, reduce cholesterol levels and promote intestinal health.
Chia seed pudding is a great paleo and whole 30 option as well!
This pudding is also made with coconut milk, maple syrup or honey, blueberries, cashews, coconut yogurt, and lemon, all of which add nutritional benefits to the recipe!
Lemon & Blueberries
The ultimate flavor combination! Blueberries add some sweetness, anti-inflammatory antioxidants, and flavor to otherwise boring chia seed pudding. Lemon adds a complimenting tang, while adding a burst of refreshing flavor!
Can you meal prep lemon blueberry chia pudding or make it overnight?
YES! This makes a wonderful, easy meal prep. You can make the chia seed pudding the night before and leave it in the fridge for a quick breakfast option! I like to use individual jars to make it even more convenient.
Blended chia seed pudding
If you aren’t a fan of the texture of chia seed pudding, try blending it! This creates a real pudding-like texture without the chunks of chia seeds! Simply add everything to your blender and blend until smooth. Then pour into your jars or bowl.
How to make lemon blueberry chia pudding with yogurt
Getting the liquid to chia seed ratio is crucial for a nice and thick pudding! I think a ratio of is best.
- Simply add all of the ingredients into a jar and whisk well. You can also blend the pudding ingredients in a blender and then pour into your jar.
- Chia seeds need time to absorb the moisture, and they will “gel”, which takes about 3-6 hours to fully hydrate. Allow them to sit in the fridge for a few hours-overnight.
- How long should chia pudding soak/set? You will want to allow the chia seed pudding to soak/thicken up for at least 20 minutes-overnight!
- What sweeteners can I use? Honey and maple syrup are great options. You can also use stevia, monk fruit for a sugar-free option, or any other granulated sweetener (like coconut sugar).
- What liquid/milk can I use? I love using canned coconut milk to make the chia seed pudding extra creamy! However you can use oat milk, cashew milk, hemp seed milk, etc., for dairy-free/vegan options or regular cow’s milk!
- How long does chia pudding last? You can store it in the fridge for up to 5 days!
A few other breakfast recipes you might love:
Lemon Blueberry Chia Pudding with Yogurt
Blueberry chia pudding
- 1 3/4 cups light or full-fat canned coconut milk *see notes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup blueberries *fresh or frozen. Can use any berries!
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Lemon cashew cream
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt or greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1-3 tbsp milk, of choice *only as needed
- Add all of the chia pudding ingredients, besides the chai seeds, to a high-powered blender. Blend util smooth. Stir in the chia seeds. (You can also blend the chia seeds into the pudding, but I like to leave them whole).
- Taste the mixture. Adjust as you'd like, if needed (more sweetener, etc). Divide the pudding amongst 3 small jars.
- Rinse the blender. The add the lemon cream ingredients to it. Blend again until smooth. The cream should be thick, but if it's not blending well, add 1-3 tbsp milk of choice, as needed, until it blends smooth.
- Pour the lemon cream over top of the blueberry pudding. Place in the fridge for 2-4 hours before enjoying, or leave it overnight for a meal prep breakfast!