This vegan cookie dough protein smoothie is ultra creamy and loaded with chocolate chips and chunks of edible cookie dough. Made with a bunch of wholesome ingredients, this shake makes the perfect snack, treat, or post-workout meal. I have even left options below for those who don’t love protein powder, but still want to get their protein in!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Banana: This adds creaminess and sweetness to the recipe.
- Coconut cream cubes: Simply freeze coconut cream in an ice cube tray. If you can’t have coconut, you can freeze your favorite creamer (i love Nutpods for a dairy free option).
- Frozen cauliflower rice: This is totally optional, but adds extra vitamins, minerals, and fiber to the recipe. YOU CAN’T TASTE IT. I promise. It also adds to the consistency of the shake, making it thicker and more ice cream-like.
- Protein powder: If you don’t have protein powder, you can leave it out. Be mindful that protein powder usually adds some sweetness/flavor to the recipe. So if you opt to leave it out, you may want to add in a few tablespoons of maple syrup/honey. If you want to add protein to the recipe without using powder, add in a few tablespoons of hemp hearts!
- Ground flax seeds: This is optional, but an easy way to up the nutrient and fiber content of the recipe!
- Almond flour: This is used in the cookie dough bites. You can also sub oat flour, but start with just 1 tbsp as it’s more absorbent.
- cashew butter: You can swap in any nut or seed butter that you like or have on hand!
- Coconut sugar: This is used to sweeten the cookie dough bits, but you can swap in any granulated sweetener!
- Milk, of choice
Tips to make the best Vegan cookie dough protein Smoothie
- Only add a little milk at a time. You’ll want to make sure you make the thickest consistency to resemble an ice cream texture! Add a little milk to the blender, blend, scrape down the sides, blend again. Then add a little more milk as you need to, repeating.
- Enjoy straight away! These are best enjoyed right after you make them. You could store them in the freezer, but you’d need to let them thaw awhile before consuming and they just taste better right away!
- Use a high-powered blender: I highly recommend the Vitamix, as you can use the tamper to tamp down the ingredients inside the blender, not having to stop to scrape down the sides!
More recipes to try
- Vegan edible cookie dough
- Snickerdoodle creme pies
- Vegan caramel pumpkin pecan cheesecake
- Healthy eggnog protein shake
- Peanut butter cup nice cream without banana
Vegan cookie dough protein Smoothie
- 1 banana cut into coins, frozen
- 1 scoop vanilla or cookie dough protein *can sub a few tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/4 cup or so, milk of choice
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- a few frozen coconut cream cubes Optional: Makes it creamier. see notes below on how to make
- 1/4 cup organic rolled oats *optional
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- handful of chocolate chip
Cookie dough bites
- 1 tbsp protein powder
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp cashew butter *can sub melted ghee or vegan butter
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 ish tbsp milk, of chioce *as needed
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract & pinch of sea salt *optional
- Mix everything together in a bowl, adding 1 tbsp of milk at first. Mix well until a dough forms. If your dough is too dry, add an extra splash of milk. Roll into little balls and set aside.
- Add everything to a high powered blender (besides the chocolate chips). I highly recommend the vitamix because you can use the tamper thing to help push the chunks down to blend easier. If you don’t have one, stop frequently to scrape down the sides. The trick is to use as little milk as possible to keep it thick!
- Fold in the chocolate chips & cookie dough chunks and pour into your glass! I like to top/layer mine with some coconut whip.