This Vegan Edible Protein Cookie Dough will have you going back to the fridge to steal spoonfuls all day! Instead of sneaking bits of cookie dough while we were kids, we can actually enjoy a few scoops of this incredible cookie dough that contains no eggs or flour and packs in the protein!
Why you’ll love this Edible cookie dough recipe
- Tastes just like cookie dough!
- It’s made quickly, in a food processor.
- It’s versatile! You can add in different mix-ins/flavors.
- Protein packed, to help keep you satiated.
- Makes a healthy meal-prep snack.
- Lasts awhile in the freezer.
- Made with nourishing ingredients.
Ingredients & substitutions to make vegan edible Protein cookie dough
- Cashew butter: Any nut or seed butter will work. I love using almond and peanut butter and sunbutter is an amazing nut-free option.
- Protein powder: You’ll want to use a protein powder that you love the taste of as it’ll add some flavor/sweetness to the recipe. I use the cookie dough Macro Mike flavor. You can use my code “amb-dani” for a discount!
- Oat flour: You can sub almond flour, however you may need to use an extra tablespoon or two. Add one at a time extra, until it reaches the consistency of cookie dough – you don’t want it dry, but it shouldn’t be too wet that it sticks to your hands badly.
- Maple syrup
- vanilla & sea salt
let’s make it!
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor, processing until completely smooth. Stir in the cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
- Scoop into a jar or press the dough into a lined loaf pan to make bars. Store, covered, in the freezer or fridge.
Storing leftover edible cookie dough
I like to store leftovers in the freezer in an air-tight container. You can enjoy it straight from the freezer or let it sit on the counter for a few, to thaw a bit so it’s not as firm.
How to make the cookie dough into bars
Simply press the dough into a lined loaf pan. Place the pan in the freezer for a couple of hours until firm. Remove the cookie dough from the pan and cut it into bars. You can even drizzle melted chocolate over top for a chocolate coating (before you cut them into bars). Store in an air-tight container.
Other mix-in & flavor ideas
- Oatmeal raisin: Add in a handful of oats and a tsp of cinnamon.
- Caramel pecan: Mix in some finely chopped dates and pecans.
- White chocolate macadamia: Mix in a handful of chopped macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips.
- Strawberry cashew: Mix in some chopped freeze-dried strawberries and chopped cashews.
More recipes to try
- Caramel cookie dough bars
- 3 ingredient vegan fudge stripe cookies
- Vegan samoa cookie bars
- Vegan twix cookies
Vegan Edible Protein Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup cashew butter *or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup of your favorite protein powder *see notes for subs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp oat flour **see notes for subs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- good pinch of sea salt
- handful of cacao nibs
- Combine all of the ingredients, besides any mix-ins, into a food processor. Alternatively, you can also mix it by hand in a large bowl, I just think the food processor makes it easier!
- Taste the cookie dough and add anything you feel the need to (more salt, little extra maple syrup or vanilla, etc). Then stir in the mix-ins.
- Scoop the cookie dough by balls into a jar or press the dough into a lined loaf pan. If using the loaf pan, place the pan in the freezer for a few hours until firm. Then remove the dough and cut it into bars.
- Store leftovers in the fridge/freezer.