Peanut butter and chocolate are life and this no-bake peanut butter tart is my go-to when I want something sweet! To be honest, it might be up there in my top favorite treats. It’s so easy and you don’t even need a blender (hallelujah, because cleaning those is the bane of my existence). It’s decadent, it’s made with minimal ingredients, and if you’re a peanut butter fan, I promise you’ll love it!
What if I don’t like/can’t eat peanut butter?
No fear! You can alway sub out the peanut butter in this tart for your favorite nut or seed butter. I’ve made this exact recipe with almond butter, cashew butter, and sunflower butter, and they were all were amazing!
How do you store the no-bake peanut butter tart?
You’ll want to store the tart in an air tight container in the freezer. Because the freezer firms everything up, when you want to eat a slice, I recommend letting it thaw for 10-15 minutes on the counter (you may even let it thaw longer) for the perfect creamy texture. It should last in the freezer for a few weeks, but I wouldn’t know for sure because it never lasts long here!
What are some of the main ingredients of the no-bake peanut butter tart?
Peanut butter: The obvious star of the show! I use an organic non-salted peanut butter with only peanuts in the ingredients!
Maple Syrup: This gives a sweetness and slight maple flavor to the recipe, but you can always sub it for your favorite sticky sweetener. Brown rice syrup or honey would work as well.
Cacao powder: This adds the chocolate flavor to the base of the recipe. I love using a raw cacao powder for extra antioxidants!
Cacao butter or coconut oil: This adds creaminess to the filling layer of the tart. You can use either. Cacao butter has a chocolatey taste, so I think it elevates the recipe a little more!
I hope you guys love this recipe and be sure to tag me @danishealthyeats on Instagram if you remake it!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Tart
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups canned coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or cacao butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- 4 oz Chocolate
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk solid part from the top
- pinch sea salt
- Grease a springform pan or line a cake pan.
- Combine all of the base ingredients in a large bowl until dough forms.Press the dough firmly into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- To make the filling, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, whisking together until completely smooth. Taste and adjust as desired.
- Pour the filling over the base.Place the pan in the freezer for 2-3 hours until set.Using the double-boiler method, or in a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate and coconut milk together, mixing until completely smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the tart or have fun and create a design of your choice. Top with the chopped peanuts. Place back in the freezer for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Before serving, allow the tart to sit out at room temperature for 10-15 minutes, to allow it to soften to make cutting easier. Top with whip cream of choice and enjoy!