These pizza cauliflower bites are a perfect snack, appetizer, or fun side for dinner! We love making this as a dinner pre-game at our place. They can be made to fit any dietary preference too, so they’re a win-win!
Cauliflower is hands down one of my favorite vegetables. There’s really nothing it can’t do, ya know? So when you combine it with pizza, it really doesn’t get any better! The melty cheese on top makes these seriously irresistible. I could probably make this AT LEAST once a week and never get tired of it!
are these pizza cauliflower bites healthy?
They definitely can be! For instance, It’s all about ingredients. Cauliflower is a great cruciferous vegetable to add to your diet as it’s nutrient dense, super versatile, and takes on so many different flavors! If you choose a high-quality pizza sauce and cheese (vegan or not) you’ll be set!
What do you need to make pizza cauliflower bites?
Cauliflower: Duh! The star of the show!
Pizza or Pasta Sauce: I usually look for pizza or pasta sauces that are made with olive oil, as I try and avoid vegetable oils like sunflower, canola, etc) and It’s a plus if there is added herbs and spices as it will give the recipe extra flavor!
Herbs & Spices: If you’re using a more bland sauce, I would definitely go hard on the seasonings! Use whatever you like, but nutritional yeast, oregano, salt and pepper, and garlic are all great!
Cheese: Melty cheese has to be the best part! Be sure to use your favorite! I usually opt for a high-quality vegan cheese and feta or mozzarella are my go to’s!
Olive Oil: You’re going to drizzle the cauliflower with it before you bake it! It really brings out the flavors and textures!
How to make these pizza cauliflower bites:
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Drizzle with olive oil & herbs
- Bake until golden & tender.
- Add the sauce and cheese & return to the oven until melty!
Baked Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce or marinara
- 1/2-1 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 2 tbsp dried herbs of choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- After the cauliflower is cut into small florets, add them to a large bowl. Drizzle the florets with the olive oil, tossing to make sure they're all covered.
- Sprinkle over the dried herbs and give them a toss.
- Either skewer on sticks or spread the cauliflower out onto a lined cookie sheet. Bake, tossing every 15 minutes, until the florets are golden and fork-tender. Remove from the oven.
- Cover the cauliflower in the pizza sauce and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Return to the oven on broil, for a minute or two, until the cheese is melty. Remove from the oven and enjoy!