Healthy chewy granola bars taste even better than the classic Quaker Chewy Bars! They are made with simple ingredients making them a wholesome snack option! Made in one pot, these are fuss free and only take a few minutes to throw together!
Why you will love these healthy chewy granola bars
- They’re versatile! You can add any mix-ins you like!
- They are no bake.
- Made in one pot in 10 minutes.
- They make a wholesome snack!
- Refined sugar free & vegan.
Ingredients to make chewy granola bars
- Organic oats: Use certified gluten free oats if gluten free! I love the brand One Degree Organics for this reason – they also test for glysophate and are sprouted which makes them easier on digestion!
- Brown rice cereal
- Maple syrup
- Coconut sugar: You can sub HALF monk fruit to make these lower sugar!
- Coconut oil
- Nut butter: I like to use peanut or almond butter but you can also use sunflower seed butter or tahini to keep these nut-free!
How to make granola bars
- Add coconut oil & sweeteners to a pot and bring to a bubble over low-medium heat. Cook 2 minutes. Then, stir in the nut butter.
- Once smooth, stir in the oats, cereal, and any mix-in’s!
- Press firmly into a pan or mold. Place in the fridge or freezer to firm up!
What pan/mold should I use?
There are a few options!
- Square mold/pan: I love using the square pan pictured above as they turn out the perfect shape and size.
- Muffin tin: You can also press the granola bars into a muffin tin (they will just be round!)
- 8×8 Baking pan: You can press it into an 8×8 baking pan. Let them set up in the fridge for a few hours before cutting them into squares.
Storing leftover Healthy chewy Granola bars
Store leftover bars in an air-tight container in the fridge!
More recipes you’ll love
- Pumpkin magic shell yogurt cups
- No bake Snickers protein brownies
- Cinnamon roll energy bites
- Healthy samoa caramel apple slices
- No bake peanut butter oatmeal balls
You’ve come this far, so were basically bff’s at this point 😉 Be sure to tag me on instagram @danishealthyeats if you make these! x
Healthy Chewy Granola Bars
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp nut butter (peanut, almond, etc. or sunflower butter or tahini for nut-free) *make sure its a runny consistency. Thick nut butter won't work well.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds or chia seeds
- 1 cup Organic gluten-free oats *I like quick oats but old fashioned works too
- 1 cup brown rice cereal
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips For drizzling, optional
- pumpkin seeds
- goji berries
- chocolate chips *See notes below on how to add these!
- Chopped brazil nuts
- Shredded coconut
- Cacao nibs
- In a medium pan, add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt. Over low-medium heat, bring the mixture to a bubble, stirring very frequently. Once bubbling, cook 2-3 minutes, stirring non-stop, until it thickens up a little.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the nut butter until the mixture becomes really creamy.
- Fold in the oats and cereal until well combined. Then fold in any mix-ins you're using.
- Divide the mixture amongst your mold or pan. Be sure to grease whatever you're using very well or use parchment paper (or cupcake liners) if your pan isn't silicone as they may be difficult to remove. See post above for mold/pan options!
- Press the mixture down as firmly as you can. Then place the bars in the fridge. These should be kept refrigerated for the best texture.