The viral magic shell yogurt cup took over the social media world this summer (all over TikTok and Instagram), so we are bringing it back with a fall spin.. enter this pumpkin magic shell yogurt cup! It’s packed with protein, antioxidants, and fiber, making it the perfect snack or dessert!
Inspired by the popular TikTok magic shell yogurt cup recipe, this yummy treat comes together in minutes to make the most delicious fall treat! With added pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice, it tastes like pumpkin cheesecake but with a high protein, nutrient-packed punch! The magic shell cracks upon contact and makes it an EXPERIENCE.
Pumpkin & white chocolate
If you’re a fan of white chocolate, I highly recommend using it in this recipe in place of the regular chocolate. Unfortunately, I was out at the time of filming this, but prefer white chocolate and pumpkin together – it is SO yummy! Some of my favorite brands are Pascha, Evolved, and Loving Earth.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Comes together in minutes.
- Is a great meal prep snack/breakfast/dessert.
- It’s versatile, so you can switch up the ingredients.
- It’s high in protein!
- Pumpkin is packed full of antioxidants and fiber, adding some nutrient density to the recipe!
- Tastes like fall in a cup!
- Satisfies your sweet tooth in a healthy way!
Is this yogurt cup vegan?
It can be! Just use coconut yogurt as your yogurt base and a pea protein (or other vegan protein).
Ingredients to make a Pumpkin magic shell yogurt cup
- Yogurt of choice: I use coconut yogurt for a dairy-free/vegan option, but either way you’ll want to use a THICK yogurt, like greek yogurt.
- Cashew butter: You can swap almond butter.
- Chocolate: I use no-sugar added chocolate chip from Hu Kitchen (danishealthyeats for a discount!).
- Protein powder: This is optional, but it adds extra protein to the recipe. Use a brand you like the flavor of! I use Truvani Pumpkin Spice (You can use DANI for a discount!)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Maple syrup: You can sub honey, monk fruit, or whatever sweetener you like.
- Milk, of choice, as needed: I used cashew milk.
How to make magic shell yogurt cups
- Mix together all of the yogurt ingredients. Place the mixture in a small bowl/ramekin.
- Melt the chocolate until smooth. Pour it over top of the yogurt.
- Place the cup in the freezer for 15 minutes to set up.
Tips, Tricks, & storing
- If you’re not eating it right away, keep the bowl in the fridge, covered, so the yogurt doesn’t freeze.
- If using protein powder, be sure to use a protein that you really love the flavor of, as this adds sweetness/flavor to the recipe. You can omit the protein altogether, but you may want to add 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and a little extra sweetener if needed. For vegan protein powders, I love Macro Mike (their flavors taste like dessert! I’ve loved their salted caramel flavor in this). You can use my code amb-dani for a discount! In this recipe, I used Truvani’s limited edition Pumpkin Spice flavor which was great as well! (Use code DANI for a discount).
More recipes to try
Pumpkin Magic Shell Yogurt Cup (Viral Recipe)
- 1 serving coconut yogurt or greek yogurt (i used a4oz container)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree *you can add more if you like!
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1-1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup *more as needed
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- Splash of milk, as/if needed
- 1 1/2 tbsp of your favorite protein powder *I used pumpkin spice, but vanilla or caramel would be great! Can also sub collagen.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate chips, of choice
- Add all of the yogurt ingredients to a small bowl, mixing well. Taste and adjust the flavor as you'd like (more maple syrup, spice, etc.). If your mixture is too thick, add a splash of milk until it's your desired consistency.
- Melt the chocolate in a separate small bowl, until smooth. Pour it over the yogurt, spreading it out evenly. I added a sprinkle of chopped pecans.
- Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until the chocolate has hardened. Then, enjoy!
- If not eating straight away, cover the bowl and leave it in the fridge so that the yogurt doesn't freeze.