This healthy brownie batter dip tastes just like luscious, rich brownie batter, but that’s perfectly safe to eat raw! It’s thick, full of chocolate goodness, and a little crunch from the chocolate chips, this will be a crowd pleaser while also being vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free, but nobody will know 😉 Grab your favorite graham crackers, cookies, fruit, pretzels, or a spoon.. i’m not juding!
Why you’ll love this BRownie batter dip
It can be whipped up in 5 minutes!
Serve with anything you have on hand (fruit, cookies, pretzels, etc)
You can switch it up, using different nut and seed butters to meet any dietary needs,
It’s free of refined sugar, sweetened with maple syrup!
It literally tastes like you’re eating brownie batter.. what’s not to love!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Nut or Seed butter: I use almond butter or cashew butter as they have more mild flavors than peanut, however any nut or seed butter will work. You can also use sunflower seed butter or tahini for a nut free option.
Maple syrup: Any sticky sweetener will work. Honey is a great option if you’re not vegan.
Cacao powder: I use raw cacao powder as it’s packed full of antioxidants and offers a super rich taste, but any cacao or cocoa powder will do.
Almond flour: I only use 2 tbsp in this recipe, so you can probably use a tbsp or two of oat flour or even protein powder for a higher protein option, however the almond flour offers the most airy/light texture. You can also finely ground any nut or seed into a flour and use that in place to keep the texture light!
Vanilla & Sea salt
Let’s make some brownie batter dip!
Are you ready for this!? Ba da da bum bum..
- Mix everything together, taste & adjust as you’d like!
- Serve in a serving dish with your favorite dipping vessels.
- That’s it!
You can really serve this dip with anything you have on hand but some of my favorites are:
- Fresh fruit (berries are my favorite but even apples would be yummy!)
- Cookies (I love Simple Mills because the ingredients are great & refined sugar free)
- Graham Crackers (Or these sweet thins that taste JUST like them!)
Storing extra brownie batter dip
I would store this in the fridge in an air-tight container and let it thaw on the counter for a bit before serving, as it will firm up while in the fridge!
You can actually use a cookie scoop to drop scoops onto a lined baking sheet & pop them in the freezer for a brownie batter truffle vibe!
More recipes you’ll love!
Buckeye brownie crumbl cookies (vegan, gf)
Healthy Brownie Batter Dip (Vegan, gluten free)
- 1/3 cup runny nut or seed butter *I use almond
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp almond flour *See post above for subs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch pink sea salt
- handful chocolate chips
- Add the nut butter and maple syrup together in a large bowl, mixing well. Then add in the remaining ingredients, stirring in the chocolate chips last.
- Taste the batter and adjust as you'd like.
- Add to a serving bowl and serve with your favorite fruit, cookies, or pretzels for dipping!