I am going to keep this one short and sweet.. the name of these peanut butter crack bars could not be more fitting. They are the most popular recipe on my blog, for good reason! They are on repeat over here and never get old. If you’re a peanut butter and chocolate lover, these are made for you!
What ingredients are in these peanut butter crack bars?
Peanut butter: Duh! The star of the show! However, if you can’t do peanuts or don’t enjoy them, feel free to swap in your favorite nut or seed butter!
Raw cacao powder: This gives the base a nice chocolate flavor and little dose of antioxidants!
Walnuts: These are in the base, which give it a nice crunch and almost brownie-like feel! You can swap in your favorite nuts/seeds.
Maple Syrup: This is the sweetener for the recipe! Feel free to sub any sticky sweetener.
Chocolate: As always, I use Hu Kitchen! (Danishealthyeats for a discount!)
How to make peanut butter crack bars:
- Process the base ingredients together and press into a lined loaf pan.
- Mix together the filling center and spread over the base.
- Melt the chocolate topping ingredients together and spread over the filling.
- Place in the freezer to set up before cutting into bars!
FAQS about the peanut butter crack bars:
How do you store the bars? You’ll want to keep these in the freezer and then let them thaw for 5-10 minutes before enjoying for the best texture!
Can you take them on the go? You can.. but prepare for a mess. These bars need to be kept cold to keep their form, as they’ll melt if they’re left out too long!
How long do they need to be frozen for? You’ll want to allow the bars to freeze for at least 2 hours before cutting into bars!
I hope you guys love these as much as we do! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @danishealthyeats if you make them, so I can see!
Peanut Butter Crack Bars
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup walnuts or cashews
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup soft pitted dates packed
- 2-3 tbsp plant milk as needed
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.In a food processor, add the nuts and coconut, processing for a few minutes until they've broken down. Then add the remaining ingredients, processing until a sticky dough forms, adding 1 tbsp of water at a time until it holds together.
- Taste & adjust as you need to (you can add a little coconut sugar or maple syrup if you like yours sweeter). Press into the bottom of your pan.
- To make the peanut butter layer, combine all ingredients together until smooth. Spread evenly over base layer.
- Place in the freezer for 15 or so, to set up a bit before pouring the melted chocolate over top.Melt the chocolate and oil together until smooth. Then spread over the peanut butter layer.
- Place back in the freezer until hardened. Cut into slices and enjoy!