If you’re looking for a super tasty, easy treat or snack idea, this nutter butter nice cream can’t be beat! I loved nutter butters growing up and this just makes my inner child so happy. Can’t do peanut butter? Any nut or seed butter will work! I hope you love this as much as we do!
Do you have to use peanut butter in the nice cream?
As mentioned above, you can use any nut or seed butter you like! This is so tasty with almond butter and sunflower butter!
Can you make the Nice cream ahead of time or store leftovers?
This is best eaten immediately. Leftovers won’t yield the same texture, however you can pour leftovers into an ice cube tray and when you want to eat it, blend again. This will create that super thick ice cream texture.
What you need to make nutter butter nice cream:
Peanut Butter: The peanut butter gives this recipe such a creamy consistency. You can sub any nut or seed butter.
Protein powder: This is optional, but I love adding protein to my treats to balance blood sugar and keep me satiated for longer. Use a protein powder you really love as it’ll add even more flavor and sweetness to the recipe. I used Macro Mike Caramelized white chocolate protein in this and it was DIVINE. You can use code “amb-dani” for a discount on any order.
Bananas: I haven’t tested any subs for these. It really gives the recipe the ice cream consistency!
Canned coconut milk: You’re going to use some of the cream from the top of the can. This helps make the ice cream even creamier. You can save the leftover coconut milk to add to smoothies, sauces, etc.
Coconut flour or Oat flour: Either works here!
Maple Syrup: You’ll add a little to the nutter butter cookies! Any sticky sweetener can be subbed.
How to make the nice cream:
- Combine all of the dough ingredients to form the cookie pieces.
- Roll them into balls and then flatten with a fork. Place in the freezer to firm up.
- Blend all of the nice cream ingredients together until super thick and smooth.
- Pour into a glass and either layer with the cookie dough pieces, break them into pieces and fold them in, or leave them for on top.
- Enjoy immediately!
Nutter Butter Nice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 scoop vanilla or peanut butter protein powder *
- 2 tbsp coconut cream **
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
Nutter Butter Cookies
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp protein powder
- 3-5 tbsp oat or coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine all of the nutter butter ingredients together until sticky dough forms. Roll into balls and flatten slightly. Use a fork to make the indents in the cookies. Pop in the freezer to firm up.
- To make the nice cream, add all of the ingredients in a blender, blending until smooth. To make this ice cream texture, use as little liquid a possible, but if you need to, add a splash of the canned coconut milk.
- You can either break up the cookies into chunks to stir into the nice cream, top it, layer it, whatever you like! Enjoy!