If you are an apple crisp lover, you’ll love these apple crisp cookies – a fun spin on the classic dessert! These cookies are made with an oat flour base, with sautéed cinnamon apple chunks folded in, baked with a crisp topping, and drizzled with a vanilla glaze. Perfect for the holidays or just ’cause! These are vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free, too!
Who needs bath and body works when you have these in the oven 😉 They literally smell HEAVENLY. I’m a big texture gal and these tickle my fancy with the crisp topping. Full of cinnamon, they taste like a mix between an apple fritter and apple crisp. Regardless, they’re DELISH.
When recipe testing, it was important for me to make these decadent but with whole food ingredients. They are vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free!
Why you’ll love these apple crisp cookies
They are vegan and gluten-free.
You only need a handful of ingredients.
They’re SUPER easy to make.
They’d be pretty on a Christmas cookie table!
Ingredients & substitutions
Oats: I always opt for organic rolled oats! I haven’t tested these with quick oats.
Apples: You could leave them out, but they really add to the recipe!
Cinnamon: Cinnamon is so nutrient dense and tastes amazing – a double whammy.
Applesauce: I haven’t tested any substitutes, although I think extra oil would work.
Coconut Sugar: You can sub brown sugar or use 1/2 monk fruit for a lower sugar option.
Coconut oil: You can sub vegan butter or ghee. The oil is solid in the recipe, so you won’t want to use avocado oil or any other liquid oil.
Powdered sugar: I use monk fruit powdered sugar. I love the brand Lakanto! But you can use regular powdered sugar too!
Let’s make some appe crisp cookies!
- First, you’ll want to saute the apples in cinnamon for a couple of minutes.
- Next, you’ll mix together the cookie dough. Then, fold in the apple chunks.
- Drop the cookie dough onto a lined cookie sheet and flatten them slightly.
- Mix together the crisp topping. Then add a little to the top of each cookie, gently pressing it into the tops of the cookies.
- Mix together the glaze, drizzle it over the top of the cookies, and enjoy!
Storing leftover apple crisp cookies
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge! Hot tip: reheat the cookies for a few seconds before eating!
Other cookies recipes to try
Buckeye Brownie Crumbl Cookies
Apple Crisp Cookies (Vegan, Gluten free)
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 apple finely diced
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 7 tbsp solid coconut oil slightly softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar *Can use 1/2 monk fruit
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch pink sea salt
- 1/4 cup solid coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup monk fruit
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Monk fruit powdered sugar *Can use regular
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-3 tbsp milk, as needed
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Finely dice the apple into small chunks. Place a medium pan on medium heat. Add the apples, 1 tsp coconut oil, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Toss everything together and cook a few minutes until the apples have softened. Remove from heat.
- Add the oil and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat the two together for a minute or two until light and fluffy. Then beat in the remaining ingredients. Then, stir in the apples.
- Drop rounds of dough onto a lined cookie sheet. Using your palm, gently flatten them slightly. You can make a slight indent in the center of each for the streusel.
- Add the streusel ingredients to a bowl and use your fingers to mix everything together to create a crumble. Add a little to each cookie, gently pressing it into the tops so it sticks
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden and set. Let cool completely.
- For the glaze, add the sugar to a bowl and add 1 tbsp of milk at a time, until you reach your desired glaze consistency. Drizzle over each cookie and enjoy!