If you love all things sticky buns/cinnamon rolls, you will LOVE these vegan sticky bun cookies! They are vegan, gluten-free, paleo, and refined sugar-free, but you’d never guess it! They are INCREDIBLE, promise! 😉
Growing up, I had zero self control around anything cinnamon roll related. They have literally always been my favorite treat! They can be pretty time consuming to make and when my sweet tooth hit the other night.. I knew I wasn’t going to have the patience. So I mad these and Thomas and I both couldn’t get over how much we loved them! They’re simple, quick, and if you are anything like us, you won’t be trusted around them LOL.
What you’ll need to make vegan sticky bun cookies:
Almond Flour: This makes the base of the cookie. I haven’t tested subs, but don’t see why a super finely ground sunflower seed flour or cashew flour wouldn’t work! Don’t sub coconut flour as it won’t turn out the same. I haven’t tested oat!
Maple Syrup: You can use any sticky sweetener! *use “danishealthyeats” for a discount*
Coconut oil: You can use any neutral cooking oil.
Coconut sugar: You can do a mix of coconut sugar and monk fruit, or all monk fruit, if you want to keep the sugar content down. However, coconut sugar really gives that authentic cinnamon bun feel! **Use “danishealthyeats” for a discount on both!**
Pecans or walnuts: Either work! *danishealthyeats for a discount*
How to make the sticky bun cookies:
- Combine the dough ingredients until it forms.
- Roll into a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Make a thumbprint in the center.
- Combine the coconut sugar and pecans in a small saucepan, creating the sticky bun center.
- Add a little to the center of each cookie.
Other cookie recipes you might love!
Vegan Sticky Bun Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Sticky Pecan center
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all of the cookie ingredients until dough forms.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Roll the dough into balls and toss in the cinnamon sugar. Place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Slightly press the cookies flat with your palm and create a small thumb indent in the center.
- Add the coconut sugar, pecans, and water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, 4-5 minutes, until the mixture becomes sticky and caramel-like. Quickly add a little to the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden around the edges. Let cool completely.
- You can top with an option glaze, although I think they're already sweet enough!