When September comes around, all I want are apples and this apple crisp smoothie satisfies all the cravings! It’s packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats so it will keep you full and your blood sugar balanced! I love adding a little sauteed apple to the bottom of the glass and a small pinch of crisp topping on top!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It tastes like apple pie/crisp.
- It’s packed with protein, healthy fats, and fiber which will keep you FULL.
- It’s blood sugar balancing.
- Nutrient dense.
- Versatile – you can use whatever you have on hand.
Ingredients to make Apple crisp smoothie
- Apples: Any apple will work. I like using sweeter apples.
- Coconut or greek yogurt: Any thick yogurt will work. For coconut yogurt, I like CocoJune or Culina.
- Milk: I use cashew milk, but use whatever you have on hand.
- Spices: Cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom are my favorite
- Protein powder: You can use vanilla, salted caramel, any flavor that would taste good in this! I highly recommend this salted caramel protein (use code amb-dani for a discount) or this vanilla protein (use code DANI for a discount)!
- Maple syrup: You can also sub honey.
- Vanilla extract
- Flax seeds: You can also use chia seeds. These add extra fiber to the smoothie!
- Organic oats: Old fashioned rolled and quick oats both work!
Let’s make an apple crisp smoothie
- Blend everything in a blender until smooth.
- Taste and adjust!
For an extra treat, I like to top mine with some coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of crisp topping, although if having this for breakfast, I usually skip that! To make the crisp, I just mix together 2 tbsp oats, 1/2 tbsp maple syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon!
More recipes to try
Apple Crisp Smoothie (High protein)
- 1 apple, diced into small chunks & frozen
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp almond or cashew butter
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt or greek yogurt
- 1/3-1/2 cup almond milk (more as needed)
- 1/4 cup organic oats
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg + pinch of cardamom
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth, starting with the lesser amount of milk (this will help keep it thick!). Add more milk as needed to get everything to blend together.
- Taste and adjust as you'd like (extra sweetener, spices, etc). Enjoy!