These cauliflower steak pizzas are a super delicious, low-carb way to enjoy pizza night while getting in your veggies! Coming together with just a few ingredients and few minutes of prep, these work great for all dietary needs!
Cauliflower crust pizza is all the rage, but personally, it’s a little too time consuming to make on the regular (and mine somehow never seem to turn out! lol). This is a fool-proof, incredibly easy way to enjoy the same flavor while being fun to eat, too!
I personally believe the best way to get more veggies into your diet is to prepare them in fun ways, especially for kids or those who just don’t love them. So why not turn them into your favorite comfort food!?
What you’ll need to make cauliflower steak pizzas
Ricotta: Homemade or store-bought. I’ll leave a recipe for my homemade ricotta below! You can also use feta or another cheese you like. Kite Hill also makes a great store-bought vegan option!
Toppings: Olives, onion, thinly sauteed mushrooms, Fresh herbs (basil, oregano), & seasonings
How to make cauliflower steak pizzas
- Preheat your oven to 425F. Cut the cauliflower head into slices and lay on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and seasonings. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Remove from the oven. Top with the pizza sauce, ricotta or cheese, and toppings. Place the oven on broil and return the pan, cooking for a minute or so until the sauce is cooked through.
Cauliflower steak pizzas are best served straight away, however you can store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge. To re-heat, I like placing them in the oven on 425F until warmed and crispy or popping them in the air fryer for a few minutes – so good!
Other low carb recipes you’ll love!
Cauliflower Steak Pizzas (vegan, low carb)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta or cheese of choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- seasonings of choice (I use garlic, sea salt, pepper, & oregano)
- Toppings, of choice (basil, mushrooms, olives, green onions, etc).
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chopped, fresh basil
- 1/3-1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Wash your cauliflower and remove the stem, while keeping the cauliflower intact.
- Cut the cauliflower into about 1 1/2 inch slices or "steaks". Lay them on a parchment lined baking dish.
- Brush the olive oil over both sides of the steaks and sprinkle over any seasonings you'd like. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping half way through, until the cauliflower is golden.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven. Add some of the sauce to the top of each one. Then add the cheese and any toppings. Place the oven on broil and return the pan, letting it cook for a minute or two until the sauce and cheese have heated through (if using another cheese than ricotta, it should be bubbly).
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- All all of the ingredients to a high powered blender, starting with 1/3 cup water. Blend for a few minutes until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add a little more water if needed to get it to blend, but you want it to be somewhat thick like actual ricotta. Taste and adjust as you need.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container.