These viral blended baked oats have been all the rage over the last year or two and for good reason. It tastes like you’re eating cake for breakfast, the possibilities for flavor combinations are endless, and they make a balanced, nutritious breakfast! Today we’ll be making three different variations – chocolate chip cookie, brownie batter, and cinnamon roll.
What’s the deal with blended baked oats?
I’m sure you’ve seen regular baked oats all over the internet and social media. They kind of resemble an oatmeal cookie, with the chunks of oats still in-tact. Blending the oats first, before baking, creates a cake-like batter and texture once baked. To be honest, I prefer this method over regular baked oats!n They’re fluffy and moist and so delicious!
Oats: I opt for organic old-fashioned rolled oats.
Eggs: I haven’t tested this recipe with any egg substitutes. You could try using a flax egg, but i’m not sure how it’ll affect the end results/texture.
Milk: I use a plant-based milk, but regular milk will work as well.
How to make viral blended baked oats
- Add all ingredients (besides mix-ins) to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in any add-in’s, like chocolate chips, if using any.
Prep the batter the night before. If you’re short on time in the morning, you can blend the batter the night before. Then in the morning, pour it into your ramekin. You can bake it for the best texture, or microwave it if you’re short on time. They turn out a bit cakier when cooked in the microwave, but still delish!
Double the recipe for a larger group. Have kiddos? Have multiple mouths to feed? Double or triple the recipe and use a larger pan (8×8 if tripling).
These are best consumed straight away. As mentioned above, if you want to save some time in the morning, you can blend the oat mixture the night before, however I don’t recommend baking them the night before to reheat the next day. You totally can, but the texture will be way more dry.
Other healthy breakfast recipes to try
Blueberry crisp overnight oats (You can watch the recipe video here!)
Healthy cinnamon roll baked oatmeal
Viral Blended Baked Oats 3 Ways (Cookie dough, brownie batter, cinnamon roll)
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/2 super spotty banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk, of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp hemp seeds *optional but adds protein!
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp milk, of choice
Chocolate chip cookie dough
- handful chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt or greek yogurt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- If not adding anything else, simply pour into a greased ramekin.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through. Don't overbake!
- Add the cacao and milk in with the base ingredients in the blender. Then pour into ramekins and bake.
Chocolate chip cookie dough
- Add the cashew butter in with the base ingredients in the blender. Blend, then add to the ramekin. Top with the chocolate chips, then bake.
- Add the 1 tsp cinnamon in with the batter in the blender. Blend, then add to ramekin and bake. When done baking, mix the yogurt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and maple together. Spread over the top and enjoy!