Blueberry crisp overnight oats make an incredible meal prep or healthy breakfast on the go. It’s bursting with blueberry flavor, tons of crunchy crumble topping, while being packed full of fiber, protein, and healthy fats to keep you satiated all morning long!
I don’t know about you guys but I am a sucker for anything blueberry crisp. If you haven’t tried my healthy blueberry crisp ice cream recipe yet, it’s a must! And we do NOT skimp on crumble/crisp over here, because we all know that’s the best part. 😉
Why you’ll love this recipe
It makes a great meal prep!
Perfect for busy mornings.
Kids will love it!
Made with pantry staples.
You can customize it to fit your preferences!
Ingredients to make blueberry crisp overnight oats
Organic old-fashioned rolled oats: Oats are heavily sprayed with glysaphate, so if they’re available to you, I always recommend buying organic when possible.
Blueberries: You can sub any berry!
Coconut yogurt: You can sub greek yogurt. My favorite brands of coconut yogurt are CocoJune and Culina.
Milk: I use homemade cashew milk but any will work.
Nuts/coconut: This is in the crisp. You can use anything you have on hand.
Protein powder: This is optional, but makes the recipe extra filling. You can add in a few tbsp of hemp hearts for added protein if you don’t want to use powder. For protein, i’m obsessed with Truvani. You can use “dani” for a discount!
What if i don’t want to use protein powder
I think it’s really important to get in at least 20g of protein at breakfast, especially when consuming a higher carbohydrate breakfast like oats! This will help keep your blood sugar stable so you stay full all morning long, rather than feeling hungry soon after.
If you don’t want to use protein powder, you can leave it out and add in a few tablespoons of hemp hearts. This is a great way to get in a bunch of quality plant protein and healthy fats. If you leave the protein out, you may want to add in a little extra vanilla or maple syrup, as flavored proteins add flavor and sweetness to the recipe.
How to make overnight oats
These are so simple and are made in three steps!
- Make the blueberry compote by combining everything in a small saucepan and cooking for just a few minutes. Then you set it aside to let it cool.
- Next, mix together the crumble ingredients in a small bowl.
- When ready to make the oats, simply combine everything in a large mason jar or bowl with a lid and mix well. Top with the blueberry compote and crumble. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours-overnight. Enjoy!
How long do these last in the fridge?
These blueberry crisp overnight oats will last up to five days in the fridge!
More breakfast recipes to try
Blueberry Crisp Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 servings of your favorite protein powder *See post above if you want to leave this out
- 2 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt or greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup milk of choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut or chopped nuts
- 2-4 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp nut butter or coconut oil
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Add the blueberries & chia seeds to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, slightly smashing some of the berries as they warm up. After a few minutes, it should thicken a bit. Remove from heat.
- Mix together the crumble ingredients using your fingers or a fork. You can add a splash of water if you want the mixture to hold together better
- Mix together the oats ingredients. Taste & adjust if you need! If your mixture is extra thick, you can add an extra splash of milk. Add to your jar.
- Layer with the compote & crumble. Place in the fridge for a couple hours or overnight. Enjoy!!