These healthy pumpkin streusel muffins are the perfect way to ring in September! They are made with wholesome ingredients, come together in one bowl, and will have your house smelling better than any bath and body works candle ever could! 😉
Ingredients and substitutions
Oat flour: You can use store-bought or homemade. To make it homemade, simply grind old fashioned rolled oats in a high-powered blender until a super fine flour forms.
Almond flour: There is no 1:1 sub for almond flour, besides cashew flour. Subbing the almond flour for anything else won’t create the same soft texture 🙁
Eggs: You can try subbing a flax egg in place of the two eggs, however using real eggs will provide the best results. To make a flax egg, mix together 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 2.5 tbsp water. Mix well and let sit for 5-10 minutes to gel up.
Maple syrup: You can sub honey.
Coconut sugar: You can sub monk fruit for a lower sugar option, however if I do this, I usually do half monk fruit and half coconut sugar as the coconut sugar really adds a caramelized flavor to the recipe. You can also use this brown sugar monk fruit which will do the same thing while keeping it lower in sugar!
Cinnamon & Pumpkin pie spice
Chopped pecans: These are used in the streusel topping. You can also use chopped walnuts or any other nut you like.
Coconut oil: This is used in the streusel. You can sub avocado oil or even butter, vegan butter, ghee, etc.
How to make pumpkin streusel muffins
- Mix together the streusel topping in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the muffin ingredients until a well-mixed batter forms.
- Divide the batter amongst a muffin tin.
- Top each muffin with some of the streusel topping. Bake!
- Top with powdered sugar after cooling.
How to store leftover muffins
Store leftover muffins in an air-tight container in the fridge. Reheat prior to eating!
More recipes to try
- Healthy pumpkin baked oatmeal
- Vegan pumpkin spice frappuccino
- Pumpkin spice chia pudding
- Healthy pumpkin pie twix bars
Healthy Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or monk fruit
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup monk fruit powdered sugar *You can use regular powdered sugar
- 1-3 tbsp milk, of choice * as needed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a muffin tin or use muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crumble ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the muffin ingredients until the batter is well combined.
- Divide the batter amongst the muffin tin. Then add a little streusel to the top of each one.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes (time varies depending on oven). A toothpick inserted should come out clean. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, mix together the powdered monk fruit sweetener and milk until you get a glaze consistency. Drizzle some over each muffin. Enjoy!