If you’re looking for a quick breakfast, or something that is great for on the go, this snickers chia pudding is the best! It’s so easy to make, tastes like dessert for breakfast, and is packed full of nutrients!
What makes the best snickers chia pudding, the best breakfast you ask?
- It’s full of PROTEIN! Chia seeds are little nutrient powerhouses, full of antioxidants, but they’re also a great source of plant-based protein! Throwing chia seeds into water, pancakes, or making chia pudding, is a great way to incorporate more protein into your diet!
- It’s full of FIBER! I am all about fiber intake, because it keeps you satiated, your blood sugar balanced, and you won’t feel hungry an hour later. I always make sure my meals have a source of protein, fat, and fiber, and chia seeds kind of do it all!
- It’s perfect for on the go! You can make your chia pudding in a jar, the night before, so you just grab and go in the morning!
What is in the best snickers chia pudding?
Chia seeds: Obviously the star of the show! There is no substitute here, but if you don’t like the texture of chia seeds, you could always sub out one tbsp for more ground flax seeds! These are my favorite, as I feel like you get the most for your money!
Ground flax seeds: The other star of the show! I love mixing the two seeds together, to create a creamier texture. If you don’t have them, you can just add more chia seeds!
Peanut Butter: This helps give the chia pudding a healthy dose of fat, while also helping create that snicker’s flavor! You could always sub in a different nut or seed butter!
Protein powder: You can always leave this out, but I always add it to mine. It helps keep me satiated. Any flavor will work – I have used vanilla, chocolate, and salted caramel and they’ve all been amazing! I linked the salted caramel flavor I’ve been loving!
Plant Milk: I like using a homemade hemp milk, cashew milk, or almond milk, but any will work! If you want something a little more decadent, you can add in canned coconut cream for an extra creamy texture! If you’re looking for a good plant milk without the junk, I highly recommend
How do I store the snickers chia pudding?
You can make the chia pudding when you’re ready to eat it, or you can make it ahead of time and store them in a jar in the fridge! I like to add mine to a mason jar the night before I want to have it, so it’s perfect to grab and go!
Snickers Chia Pudding
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 – 1 1/4 cups Plant milk
- 1 serving vanilla or caramel protein
- 1 date chopped
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Simply combine all of the ingredients, besides the dates, in a small blender, blending for a minute or two until smooth. Taste & adjust as you'd like. Then stir in the dates.
- Add to a jar or glass of choice. Place in the fridge for an hour-overnight to firm up a bit.
- When ready to eat, Melt a tbsp of chocolate and let cool for a minute or so. Then stir in 2 tbsp vanilla coconut yogurt until it makes a chocolate ganache consistency. You may need to add more yogurt depending on the chocolate you use.
- Spread the chocolate ganache over the top & sprinkle over some chopped peanuts for crunch. Enjoy!