These vegan protein cheesecake jars are one of my favorite healthy treats! They are easy to make, vegan, high in protein, gluten-free, and don’t contain any refined sugar! You can also switch up the flavors so they never get boring!
To be honest, I was never a cheesecake fan. Until I had raw vegan cheesecake. Now, I will 100% choose it over anything, every single time – I am obsessed! I love prepping a higher protein treat for the week because 1. It helps to balance blood sugar and 2. It keeps me satiated longer! If you use a really yummy protein powder, it adds extra flavor to the recipe too, which I just love.
What’s in these vegan protein cheesecake jars?
Coconut yogurt: This makes up the filling! It adds that cheesecake texture and flavor! I love using an unsweetened vanilla coconut yogurt (Culina is my fave!)
Cashew or almond butter: Cashew is my favorite because it adds a cheesecake-like neutral flavor! If I don’t have cashew butter, I opt for almond butter. Peanut butter will work too but will change the taste of the cheesecake layer. You can also use tahini or sunflower, but same note as the peanut butter.
Protein Powder: You can leave this out if you don’t have any or don’t want to use it. If you are using it, be sure to use a protein powder that you love because it adds to the flavor of the recipe! I used the Macro Mike cheesecake flavor for this recipe. Their protein powders are my absolutely favorite for desserts! They taste AMAZING. You can use the code “amb-dani” for a discount, too!
Maple Syrup: This is what we will use to sweeten the recipe. You can sub any sticky sweetener.
Unsweetened Jam: Any jam or jelly will work. You can use homemade or store-bought and any flavor tastes great!
Melted butter or coconut oil: this will hold the base together!
What flavors can you make these vegan protein cheesecake jars?
Go crazy! What’s your favorite flavor? Make that! You definitely don’t have to add the jam. For this recipe, I was just going for a classic cheesecake vibe with the fruit on top! But you could add in cacao powder, add in chopped nuts/seeds, granola, chocolate chips – whatever you like!
Vegan Protein Cheesecake Jars
- 2-3 cookies of choice
- 1 tbsp melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- splash of milk if needed
- 3/4 cup Vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened jam of choice
- Crust: Crush the cookies and using a fork, mix in the melted oil/butter, until crumbs form. If it's too dry, add a tiny splash of milk. Add to the bottom of your jar.
- Filling: Mix everything but the jam together until completely smooth. If you're using protein powder and it makes the mixture super thick, stir in 1-2 tbsp milk until a creamier texture forms. Taste & adjust as you'd like. Add to the jar, over the crumb base.
- Top with a layer of jelly and place in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!