This Starbuck’s copycat mocha cookie crumble frap is so easy, vegan, and made with whole-food based ingredients!
Okay, no shame in my game – I used to be OBSESSED with Starbuck’s fraps growing up. I could put down a venti double chocolate chip frap like nobody’s business. So when I was randomly craving one the other day, I knew I needed to make my own version and was obsessed with how it turned out! There’s nothing wrong with having the real deal, but I always like to make things as whole-food based as possible if I’m making it at home. So this version is higher in protein, lower in sugar, and has a dose of healthy fats which will keep you satiated! But don’t fear, she is TASTY!
What do you need to make the Mocha cookie crumble frap?
Coffee: You can use espresso, brewed and chilled coffee, or cold brew! I use Bulletproof (you can use code DANI20 for 20% off!)
Cacao Powder: I like to use raw cacao powder for extra antioxidants!
Chocolate protein powder: This is optional, but adds some protein and extra flavor to the recipe!
Canned coconut milk: This will add creaminess! You can sub in any milk, but the canned coconut milk yields the creamiest results!
Almond or cashew butter: This adds texture and flavor to the recipe, while also adding a dose of healthy fats!
Cookies: You can use your favorite homemade or store-bought cookies! I love Simple Mills because they literally remind me of the crunchy chips ahoy cookies, while being refined sugar free!
Vanilla + Sea salt: Optional, but these always elevate the recipe!
Making the frap is simple:
- Blend everything in a blender until smooth.
- Drizzle melted chocolate around a chilled glass.
- Pour in the frap.
- Top with coconut whipped cream if you’d like and crumbled cookies.
Mocha Cookie Crumble Frap
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plant milk or more coconut milk
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder optional
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- a few cookies of choice
- coconut whipped topping optional
- Blend everything but the cookies and whipped topping in a blender. Taste and adjust as you'd like, adding more sweetener or more cacao powder if needed.
- Pour into ice an ice cube tray or mold and freeze until solid.
- When ready to make, add the cubes to a blender and blend, scraping down the sides often, until a super thick shake forms. You may need to add a little drizzle of milk to get things moving along.
- Add some melted chocolate drizzle to a glass and pour in the frap. Top with coconut whipped cream and crushed cookies. Enjoy!