This fruity chia smoothie is the best of all the worlds. Can’t decide between a yogurt bowl, chia pudding, or smoothie? This is it! You can mix it up with all your favorite fruits and veg, too! It’s high protein and contains fat and fiber for a satiating breakfast or snack!
What is a chia smoothie?
Okay, technically, it’ just a smoothie with chia seeds. But this one is different. I like to mix together coconut yogurt and chia seeds to make a thick chia pudding and add it to the bottom of my glass. Then I pour my smoothie over the top of it and eat it like that! I love gettin g mix of both!
What do you need to make a fruity chia smoothie?
Fruit: I went with the classic banana strawberry combo here, but you can use anything you like! You can also add in greens of your choice for extra nutrients, I just wanted this one to be pastel colored, to be totally honest!
Protein powder: This adds satiating protein to the recipe. If a smoothie doesn’t contain protein powder, I’m usually hungry an hour later so this is a staple for me! If you don’t use protein powder, add a few tbsp of hemp seeds for a plant-based protein source! (You can use “amb-dani” as a code at the link for a discount on my fave!)
Nut butter: You can use any nut butter you like. I usually opt for cashew or almond but any will taste great! You could also sub sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option.
Milk: I usually opt for Malk, Elmhurst, or homemade milk!
Chia seeds: We will mix them into the coconut yogurt. They add extra fiber, protein, and nutrients to the recipe!
Coconut yogurt: You can use any thick yogurt, but make sure it’s a yogurt you really love!
Strawberry Banana Chia Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2-1 cup milk of choice
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp cashew or almond butter
- 1 serving vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Mix together the vanilla coconut yogurt and chia seeds. Make sure it's a yogurt that you love! Add to the bottom of your glass/bowl.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients together (if you want it layered like mine, blend without the strawberries, pour half into the glass, and then blend the strawberries into the remaining smoothie.
- Enjoy immediately!