If you’ve ever had Bitchin’ Sauce, you’ll know that it’s certified crack. Like, open a container and devour the entire thing in one sitting, good. Since not everyone has access to the real deal stuff, we are making a copycat Bitchin’ Sauce that is SPOT ON. It’s made with a handful of healthy ingredients and no inflammatory oils like the regular stuff.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It comes together super quickly in a blender.
- The perfect game day snack or any get-together.
- Made with healthy ingredients.
- Can be eaten as a dip or a spread – try it on avo toast!
- It’s versatile, so you can add different things (like chipotle) to switch up the flavors!
Ingredients to make copycat Bitchin’ sauce
- Almonds: To make this nut-free, you could try sunflower seeds or cashews for an almond-free version, however the original is made with almonds, so it’ll throw the flavor off a bit.
- Nutritional Yeast
- Liquid aminos: I like this brand, but you can sub coconut aminos.
- Spices: We use sea salt and garlic powder
- Lemon juice
- Avocado oil: I wouldn’t recommend substituting another oil, as avocado oil is a very neutral flavor. Coconut oil or olive oil could throw the flavor off. You could sub another neutral oil. This avocado oil is one of the only ones on the market that has been tested & proven to be 100% avocado oil!
How to make Copycat Bitchin’ Sauce
- Add everything to a blender and blend a few minutes until smooth. Taste, adjust as you’d like. That’s it!
Tips for making the best Bitchin’ Sauce
- Use a high powered blender: I can’t recommend a Vitamix more. I use mine every day and have had it for years. If you don’t have a strong blender, soak the almonds in hot water for 2 hours before blending (drain the water, then use).
- Use a little water at a time. Adding too much can make the dip too liquid-y which will ruin it.
Storing Bitchin’ Sauce
Store extra sauce in an air-tight container in the fridge.
More recipes you’ll love
Copycat Bitchin’ Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves•1/2 tsp cumin & garlic powder•1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup raw almonds *see tips above if you don't have a high-powered blender
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water *more as needed
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Add everything to a high powered blender & blend for a minute or two until super smooth, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Add more water if needed, but you don’t want it watery or it’ll ruin it. It may take a second if your blender isn’t strong. Taste & adjust as needed. Store in an air tight container in the fridge!