Zucchini pizza bites are one of our favorite snacks and such a fun way to get your veggies in! These are a great, healthy snack or side dish that happens to be low carb and incredibly easy to make! Paleo, gluten-free, and vegan friendly!
Why zucchini is such an amazing veggie
It’s versatile: Zucchini can literally be used in SO many different recipes. It’s mild flavor makes it perfect to sneak into desserts as well, like this healthy peanut butter cup nice cream!
Packed full of nutrients: Zucchini contains lots of minterals, vitamins B6, riboflavin, folate, C, and K. It also contains tons of fiber!
It’s easy to grow: If you want to start growing even just one veggie yourself, summer squash is always a great option. They grow like crazyyyy!
Can zucchini pizza bites be made vegan
Yes! Just use your favorite vegan cheese!
How to make zucchini pizza bites
These bites couldn’t be easier to make and they only take a few minutes to prep! They’d make a super easy appetizer for a get together!
Prepping the zucchini: This step is optional, but highly recommend it. Sprinkle the zucchini slices with sea salt and let it sit for 30 minutes. Blot with a paper towel and then prepare according to the instructions below. This helps remove any excess moisture from the zucchini.
Gather your ingredients
-Pizza or tomato sauce: You can use marinara, pizza sauce, pasta sauce, honestly whatever your favorite red sauce is.
-Cheese: Regular cheese, vegan cheese, whatever you prefer. I used VioLife mix of cheddar and mozzarella
-Seasonings- Sea salt, pepper, oregano, and nutritional yeast are my faves
Toppings- Whatever you love! I usually top mine with fresh basil and olives, but if you’re a meat eater you can add pepperoni, etc.
Prepare the bites
- Slice the zucchini in rounds about 1/4″ thick. Place them on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and let sit for 20-30 minutes. Blot with a paper towel. Then sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Top the slices with the sauce, any toppings, and cheese.
- Bake at 450F for 5 minutes, then broil for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melty. Enjoy!
I like serving these with Chosen Foods ranch!
More recipes you’ll love
Zucchini Pizza Bites (Low carb, paleo, vegan)
- 1 large zucchini
- Pizza sauce, of choice
- cheese, of choice
- Toppings, of choice
- seasoning, of choice (I use a sprinkle of sea salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, and oregano)
Prep the zucchini
- Slice the zucchini into about 1/4" rounds. Place the rounds on a greased baking sheet.
- Optional, but recommended: Sprinkle the rounds with sea salt. Let them sit for 20-30 minutes. Then pat them dry with a paper towel. This will help remove excess water from the zucchini so they aren't mushy.
Assemble the bites
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Add a little sauce to the top of each round. Sprinkle with seasonings and top with any toppings. Add a little cheese to the top of each one.
- Place in the oven and bake for 7-8 minutes. Then turn the oven to broil. Broil for 5 or so minutes until the cheese is melty and bubbly.
- Enjoy immediately!