These wholesome Starbucks copycat Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins make the perfect fall treat! The softest, moistest pumpkin muffins stuffed with a cream cheese filling and topped with pumpkin seeds. They are paleo, gluten free, and refined sugar free, but may be even better than Starbucks 😉
Why you’ll love these Wholesome pumpkin cream cheese muffins
- They’re gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free!
- Super fluffy & moist.
- Full of pumpkin spice flavor!
- Made with nourishing ingredients.
- Made in one bowl – so easy!
Why pumpkin seeds are a superfood!
Not only do the pumpkin seeds add a pretty pop of color but they also pack in some nutrients! They contain 8g plant-based protein per serving & are an excellent source of zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, and copper! Go Raw sprouted pumpkin seeds are my favorite!
Ingredients to make Starbucks pumpkin cream cheese muffins
- Almond flour
- Oat flour
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin seeds: I love these!
- Cream cheese: You can use real cream cheese if you’re not dairy free. For vegan cream cheese, I like Kite Hill.
- Coconut yogurt: Use a thick yogurt. You can also sub greek yogurt. For coconut yogurt, I like CocoJune or Culina.
- Maple syrup
- Coconut sugar: You can also sub monk fruit although coconut sugar adds an amazing flavor.
- Vanilla & sea salt
- pumpkin spice & cinnamon
How to make pumpkin cream cheese muffins
- Mix the muffin ingredients in a bowl until batter forms. Divide amongst a cupcake tin.
- Mix together the cream cheese filling ingredients together until smooth.
- Make a little well in the center of each muffin. Add some of the filling to each.
- Top with pumpkin seeds.
Storing leftover muffins
Store leftover muffins in an air-tight container in the fridge. You can reheat prior to eating for best results!
More pumpkin recipes you’ll love
- Healthy pumpkin s’mores bars
- Healthier Starbucks pumpkin spice scones
- Pumpkin streusel muffins (gluten free, paleo)
- Viral pumpkin magic shell yogurt cup
Healthy Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar or monk fruit
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch sea salt
- 6 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 6 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp powdered monkfruit sweetener *see notes for subs
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- Handful of pumpkin seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a muffin tin or use muffin liners.=
- In a small bowl, mix together the crumble ingredients until well combined.
- Divide the batter amongst the muffin tin.
- Add the filling to a large bowl. Using a hand mixer beat everything together until smooth & creamy. Divide the cream cheese mixture amongst the muffins, adding it to the wells. Sprinkle some pumpkin seeds around the edges.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (try and insert it into the edge where there isn't cream cheese.