If you’re looking to make some cute treats with Halloween coming up, you will love these healthy vegan halloween rercipes! First of all, I can’t even believe Halloween is almost here. I’ve been working on a few cute goodies this week, like the Buckeyes i’m sharing below, but I also wanted to do a quick round-up of all of my favorite candy and treat recipes that would be PERFECT for the holiday! If you make any of these, be sure to tag me @danishealthyeats on socials, so I can see!
Healthy vegan halloween recipes
Before I share the Buckeye recipe, let’s go through a quick list of some of my favorite candy/treat recipes, perfect for the holiday!
Now onto the buckeyes.. What are they?
If you’ve never had buckeyes, you’re in for a treat! I think they’re traditionally made with peanut butter, but they are so yummy with any nut or seed butter, so everyone can enjoy them! I am a big fan of using sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option! Anyway, they’re essentially like a ball of peanut butter cookie dough coated in a shell of chocolate. How could that ever be wrong!?
Why you’ll love this recipe
These buckeyes make a great healthy, vegan, halloween treat!
All you need is 5 ingredients.
They are no-bake and only take a few minutes to throw together.
Packed full of healthy fats and protein, so they’ll keep your blood sugar more stable than typical halloween treats!
They are SO CUTE.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Peanut Butter: This is the base of the recipe, but you can substitute any nut or seed butter. I love sunflower seed butter for nut-free! You can use code “Dani15” for 15% off my favorite brand here!
Maple Syrup: Any sticky sweetener will work.
Protein Powder: I used vanilla. I always suggest using a brand you really like the flavor of. You can always omit the protein powder and use more almond flour instead. (I love this one. Code: “amb-dani”)
Almond flour: This gives the recipe a super light/moist texture! For a nut-free option, you can blend sunflower seeds in a high-powered blender until flour-like and use that!
Vanilla & Sea Salt
Chocolate chips: I opt for refined sugar free chips like Hu Kitchen. You can use my code danishealthyeats for a discount at checkout!
How to make these healthy vegan halloween recipe
- First, you’ll simply mix together the dough ingredients.
- Then you will roll the dough into balls and pop in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- When you’re ready to dip them, you’ll melt the chocolate.
- Then you’ll dip each ball, leaving a little of it showing, and place back in the freezer to fully firm up! EASY.
Other Halloween Treats you’ll love!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder *See Notes
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together all of the ingredients besides the chocolate, until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll them into balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Stick the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up.
- When ready to dip the balls, melt the chocolate. Dip each ball in the chocolate, leaving a bit of the top still showing. I find it easiest to use a toothpick to dunk them.
- Place them back on the cookie sheet and place a candy eyeball (or a few) on each one. Stick them back in the freezer for at least 30 mins to firm up completely. Store them in the freezer & let thaw a few mins before eating!