Move over banana splits, grilled pineapple splits are here and they’re the perfect summer treat! Grilled caramelized pineapple topped with creamy vanilla ice cream, some crushed macadamia nuts, and some freeze dried strawberries for color. Impress guests at your bbq’s or get-togethers all summer long with this pretty treat!
why you’ll love this grilled pineapple split recipe
The simplicity – all you have to do is grill the pineapples and add toppings!
If you don’t love bananas – I’m picky with them. So this is a fun spin off the classic!
They can be a healthier option – I topped ours with no sugar added coconut milk ice cream and macadamia nuts.
They only take a few minutes to make!
Chopped nuts – I love using macadamia nuts because they pair so well with pineapple.
Coconut shreds – Take me to paradise! These would be so yummy on top!
Freeze dried strawberries – This is my favorite for a pop of color.
Ice cream – Any flavor you like! I personally like to keep it simple with vanilla ice cream. I used a no sugar added coconut milk ice cream to keep things refined sugar-free and vegan.
Coconut whipped topping – No banana/pineapple split is complete without whip 😉
Cherries – A cherry on top never made anyone frown!
How to make grilled pineapple splits
- Cut your pineapple into sticks.
- Brush them with coconut oil and heat a grill pan on medium-high heat.
- Grill the pineapples a few minutes on each side until caramlized.
- Plate them and serve with any toppings you like! Enjoy immediately!
Tips for making the best pineapple split
Serve immediately! These are best right off of the grill/pan.
You can also grill the pineapple on a bbq if you don’t have a grill pan. You can also caramelize them on a regular pan if you don’t have access to either.
Other recipes you’ll love:
Grilled Pineapple Split
- 1 pineapple
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- macadamia nuts
- freeze dried strawberries
- any toppings you love!
- Heat your pan over medium heat.
- Cut off the ends of the pineapple. Then slice it in half. Half those halves. Then half those again. You should have 8 slices.
- Trim the rind off of the slices. Brush all sides of the pineapple with coconut oil.
- Place the pineapple sticks on the grill pan. Cook a few minutes on each side until they're caramelized.
- Remove from the pan and plate. Top with your desired toppings and enjoy immediately!