I don’t have much to say about these, other than these raw vegan Ferrero Rochers are bites of absolute heaven. If you’re a fan of the classic candy, or a fan of chocolate and hazelnut, you have to try this whole-food based version!
Guys, during the holidays, Ferrero rocher’s always make their way around our get-togethers and I just cannot resist. I”m all for allowing the real deal, but when it comes to having them super frequently, or daily let’s be real, I try and create versions made with whole food ingredients and without all of the additives and sugar. These taste spot on, with a slightly different texture, but still that perfect crunch! I am absolutely obsessed, and so is Thomas, so we all know that means it’s a winner!
What is in these raw vegan Ferrero Rochers?
Hazelnuts: This is what gives it that classic flavor! I wouldn’t reccomend subbing them, as they won’t taste like Ferrero Rochers at all. But if you did need to, you can sub any other nut and they’d still be a tasty treat!
Cacao powder: This adds the chocolatey goodness to the recipe! I love cacao powder, as it’s actually packed with antioxidants. Highly recommend getting a high-quality cacao as it’ll add to the flavor!
Maple Syrup: This adds the perfect sweetness to the recipe and tastes amazing with the hazelnuts and cacao! However you can sub any sticky sweetener if you need to!
Coconut oil: This will act as a stabilizer/bonder in the recipe and kind of help hold everything together. You can sub any neutral tasting oil or vegan butter.
How to make the bites:
- Add the ingredients to a food processor.
- Drop by balls onto a lined cookie sheet. Add a hazelnut to the center of each one.
- Freeze to firm up.
- Melt chocolate. Roll the balls into the chocolate and then into the crushed hazelnuts.
- Freeze again until firm. Enjoy!
Raw Vegan Ferrero Rochers
- 1 cup 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1-3 tbsp plant milk as needed
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts finely chopped
- Add the hazelnuts to food processor and process until it starts to become sticky mixture. Then add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- You may need to wet your hands for this step, but roll the mixture into balls and place a whole hazelnut in the center of them, pressing the dough around it.
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes until hardened and easier to work with.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts to a small bowl. In another bowl, Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together until completely smooth.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate & them roll in chopped hazelnuts. Place back in freezer until firm, about 2 hours, then enjoy!