If you are a lover of all things chocolate and hazelnut, you have to try these homemade raw vegan ferro rochers! They are a whole-food base version of the classic treat, while being no bake, and contain no refined sugar!Jump to Recipe
Ferrero rocher’s are one of those treats that are super nostalgic. They really only came around for us during the holidays and always felt like an extra special treat. Chocolate and hazelnut together is the dreamiest combo! I knew I had to recreate my own version to have all year long. These are made with more wholesome ingredients, but taste incredibly similar to the real deal! I hope you love these as much as we do!
Ingredients & substitutions
Hazelnuts: This is what gives it that classic flavor! I wouldn’t reccomend subbing them, as they won’t taste like Ferrero Rochers at all. But if you did need to, you can sub any other nut and they’d still be a tasty treat!
Cacao powder: This adds the chocolatey goodness to the recipe! I love cacao powder, as it’s actually packed with antioxidants. Highly recommend getting a high-quality cacao as it’ll add to the flavor!
Maple Syrup: This adds the perfect sweetness to the recipe and tastes amazing with the hazelnuts and cacao! However you can sub any sticky sweetener if you need to!
Coconut oil: This will act as a stabilizer/bonder in the recipe and kind of help hold everything together. You can sub any neutral tasting oil or vegan butter.
How to make ferrero rochers:
These are so simple!
- First, add all of the “dough” ingredients to a food processor.
- Next, using a cookie scoop, or rolling them into balls by hand, drop them onto a lined cookie sheet. Add a hazelnut to the center of each one.
- Pace in the freezer for 30 or so minutes to firm up enough to dip in chocolate.
- When ready to dip, you’ll want to melt the chocolate in a small bowl and add the chopped hazelnuts to another small bowl.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate and then into the crushed hazelnuts. Place back on the cookie sheet.
- Freeze again until firm. Enjoy!
More candy-inspired recipes you’ll love:
Raw Vegan Ferrero Rochers
For the ferrero rocher "dough"
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1-3 tbsp plant-based milk as needed
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts finely chopped
- Add the hazelnuts to food processor and process until it starts to become sticky mixture. Then add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- You may need to wet your hands for this step, but roll the mixture into balls and place a whole hazelnut in the center of them, pressing the dough around it.
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes until hardened and easier to work with.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts to a small bowl.
- Melt the chocolate chips (either in the microwave or using a double boiler method) until completely smooth.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate & them roll in chopped hazelnuts. Place back in freezer until firm, about 2 hours, then enjoy!
Very disappointed as the recipe is incomplete…
The chocolate part is missing ( what kind of chocolate & how much)?
Hi Pam! I am so sorry. When I switched over my recipes to my new site, I may have missed that! In the instructions it mentios dipping them in chocolate but I can see how that is confusing! Fixing that right now. I appreciate your comment!