Crunchy peanut butter potato chip bars, covered in decadent chocolate, these sweet and salty bars are sure to be loved by everyone! Made with more wholesome ingredients, these bars are gluten free, vegan, and sweetened with maple syrup!
Growing up, my mom would always make these peanut butter potato chip bars with a chocolate coating. I’m pretty sure she’d use Ruffled Lay’s, Jiffy peanut butter, and who know’s what else. Not that there is anything wrong with indulging every now and then, but if you have dietary restrictions or are just trying to eat a little healthier, this makes a more wholesome option! These bring back all the nostalgia for me :’)
Why you’ll love these Chocolate potato chip bars
- They are no-bake
- Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free
- Made with more wholesome ingredients
- The perfect sweet and salty treat!
- Made in one bowl
- Requires minimal ingredients
Ingredients and substitutions
- Potato chips: I highly recommend using a brand with more wholesome ingredients.
- Peanut butter: You can sub another nut butter if there’s a peanut allergy!
- Maple syrup: You can also use honey.
- Chocolate: I like to use Hu Kitchen for a refined sugar free option (You can use code Danishealthyeats for a discount!)
How to make chocolate potato chip bars
- Crush the potato chips in a baggie, until small crumbs.
- Mix together the filling ingredients in a large bowl, stirring in the chips last.
- Press the mixture into a lined loaf pan and freeze for 2-3 hours, until firm.
- Cut them into bars. Melt the chocolate. Dip each bar and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Return to the freezer for 1-3 hours, until the chocolate has set.
Storing leftover bars
Store these in an air-tight container in the freezer. They are meant to be enjoyed straight from the freezer!
More recipes you’ll love!
- Healthy vegan butterfingers
- Healthier pecan twix bars
- Vegan Snickers cheesecake
- Heathier Payday Bars
- Homemade Mr. Goodbar candy bars
- Healthy twix bites
Chocolate Potato Chip bars
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup smashed potato chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted *see notes for subs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- good pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil melted (Optional. Helps thin the chocolate)
- In a small saucepan or a large bowl, combine all of the bar ingredients, besides the chips. Heat on the stovetop on low-medium heat, or in the microwave in 30 second increments stirring between each, until the mixture is warmed through and combined.
- Fold in the potato chips. Pour the mixture into a lined loaf pan, spreading it out even. Place the pan in the freezer for 2 hours, until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into bars or smaller squares.
- In a large bowl, melt the chocolate until smooth – either heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well between each, until melted OR use the double-boiler method.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Dip each bar into the melted chocolate and place on the sheet.
- Return to the freezer for an hour or so, before moving them into an air-tight container. Store in the freezer!