This immune boosting elderberry mocktail, made with New Chapter’s Elderberry Syrup + Honey, is a fun and relaxing way to support your immune function! Sip on this pretty drink to help support your body in fighting off stubborn, sneaky sickness!
With kids back at school, all the flu and colds going around, and high stress, it’s crucial that we take care of our bodies – through nourishing foods, self care, and movement. Someof the best immune supporting foods you can include in your diet are those that are dark purple in color! Purple foods contain an antioxidant called anthocyanins that help repair cellular damage and fight off disease (think blueberries and blackberries, black plums, and the ever-so-popular Elderberry!) Which is exactly why I love sipping on these immune boosting elderberry mocktails a couple times per week!
What are elderberries
Elderberry products have gotten a ton of hype the past few years, and for good reason! Coming from the fruit of a variety of trees called Sambucus, they are little berries that somewhat resemble blueberries.
the benefits of Elderberries
Let’s get nerdy! Here’s some cool facts about elderberries:
- Supporting a healthy immune system, by increasing inflammatory cytokine production (a group of proteins that are secreted by cells of the immune system)
- packed full of vitamin C which has been shown to prevent a plethora of disease and chronic conditions.
- Elderberries purple hue, coming from a compound called anthocyanins, has the ability to protect the brain.
- Consuming elderberries prior to a workout has shown to boost exercise performance.
Why I choose New Chapter Elderberry syrup
- Grown in Australia
- Packed full of 64x Elderberry extract
- Sweetened naturally with throat-soothing bee-friendly honey
- Targeted immune support
- Formulated with super potent elderberry
- Packed full of superfood antioxidants
How to incorporate it into your routine
New Chapters Elderberry Syrup + Honey supplement is a super convenient way to incorporate elderberries into your diet. You can take it straight up, add it to smoothies, drizzle it over your pancakes with some syrup, or even use it in fruity dressings. My favorite way is to make a relaxing mocktail and romanticize it a little bit!
Ingredients to make immune boosting elderberry mocktails
New Chapter’s Elderberry Syrup + Honey
Prebiotic soda or tonic water: You can use a healthy prebiotic soda with no added sugar like Olipop’s ginger lemon soda and omit the lemon juice below or use tonic water and include the lemon.
Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Honey: This is optional. If you find you want your mocktail a little sweeter, you can mix together the honey and water to create a honey simple syrup and add it to your drink!
Let’s make am immune boosting elderberry mocktail
Simply add the elderberry syrup, juice, optional honey, and ice to a glass. Top with the soda, stir, and enjoy!
How often can i enjoy this mocktail?
This mocktail can be enjoyed daily for immune support!
where to find New Chapter Elderberry syrup + Honey
You can find this supplement on New Chapter’s website, amazon, or check your local health food stores!
For more immune boosting recipes
How to juice without a juicer & 3 juice recipes
Immunity Boosting Elderberry Mocktal
- 1/2-1 can lemon lime soda or 6-8 oz tonic water *I use Olipop for a sugar free, gut healthy option
- 1 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp honey optional
- squeeze fresh lemon *only if using tonic water. omit if using lemon lime soda
- 1 tsp New Chapter Elderberry syrup + honey
- Add ice to a glass.
- Add all of the ingredients, starting with 1/2 can of the olipop. Taste. Add more of the soda if you want to dilute it more.
- Add ice and enjoy!