These healthier Mr. Goodbar candy bars are made with just THREE ingredients and come together in 10 minutes! They contain no dairy, refined sugar, or inflammatory oils and will satisfy the craving for the classic candy bar!
How are these mr. goodbar candy bars healthier?
Don’t get me wrong, I am all for the occasional candy bar or treat. However.. I don’t know about you, but I like to have a little something sweet at the end of the day.. every day. Therefore, making healthier versions at home ensures i’m still nourishing my body with better-for-you ingredients. I love using the EWG food score database as a resource to really understand what’s in some of our favorite classic candies.
The original Mr. Goodbar:
- 48% sugar by weight.
- Contains food additives.
- Contains seed oils and palm oil.
- Contains milk fat derived from animals possibly treated with antibiotics and/or growth promoters.
Homemade Mr. Goodbar:
- Can be made with organic, unsweetened (or refined sugar free) chocolate.
- No added sugar.
- No food additives.
- No seed oils or palm oil.
- Made with TWO ingredients.
Chocolate is healthy?
Obviously the nutrition of the homemade bars will entirely depend on the chocolate you decide to use, as it’s making up the bulk of the recipe. I highly recommend using a refined sugar free, organic chocolate. Here are a few I love:
- Hu Kitchen (I have a discount code for them! “Danishealthyeats” at checkout!): They make dark chocolate and a grass-fed, organic milk chocolate!
- Evolved Chocolate
- Loving Earth
Dark chocolate contains tons of antioxidants and polyphenols, making it a great healthier option in moderation!
How to make homemade mr. goodbar candy bars
- Melt the chocolate.
- Stir in the peanuts.
- Pour the mixture into your candy molds.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, before removing from the molds.
The best candy mold
This is by far the best candy bar mold i’ve used! It’s deep so the bars actually turn out well! If you don’t have or want to buy a candy bar mold, you can also make these in a mini muffin tin in the form of clusters!
Storing Mr. Goodbar candy bars
Store bars in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
More recipes you’ll love
- Healthier 100 grand candy bars
- Healthy Pecan Twix bars
- Vegan snickers cheesecake
- Starbucks pumpkin spice scones (refined sugar free, gluten free)
- Superfood chocolate bars
- No bake snickers protein brownies
Tag me on Instagram @danishealthyeats if you make them!! x
Healthier Vegan Mr. Goodbar Candy Bars
- 2 cups quality chocolate (dark chocolate or milk) *See notes in post for refined sugar free, organic options!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil *See notes
- 1 cup raw or roasted peanuts
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate and coconut oil. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring well between each, until it's completely smooth.
- Stir in the peanuts and sea salt, if using.
- Divide the mixture amongst your candy bar mold. If you don't have a candy mold, you can also add the mixture to a mini muffin tin to make clusters!
- Place the molds in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before removing them.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.